New xbox 360 owner.. good racing game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse7

In Runtime
Hello, I just recently bought an xbox 360 (I know im late to the party) and I want to get one good racing game for the system, If I get one, I wont plan on getting another game. What would you reccomend me?

I am looking at the newly released need for speed: hot pursuit. However I see that some previous and older racing games were better reviewed and received such as forza motorsport 3, and project gotham racing. Which would be the better game for me if I wanted online racing, as well as a long single player campaign?

I am sort of drawn to the new NFS, the dual cop and racer seems like it would add a good bit of re-playability.

Looking for thoughts and recommendations please :)

Edit: I should say that I am not looking for a very hard racing simulation, more of an arcade feel to it.

If you're after a more arcade-y one, I'd definitely look into Burnout: Paradise. And it's got a LOOONG single player, though it's not a campaign as such. The online is also pretty good though I'm not much into multi racers.

Forza 3 is definitely my favorite. Burnout in general is a good series. Project Gotham is good if you choose PGR3. Blur and Split/Second are both really good too.

Thanks for the responses people.. after looking at several more reviews, I think forza 3 is the one Ill be going with. It looks like a lot of fun.

I have played Need for Speed Pro Street, that was fun. I also demoed Need for Speed Shift and that was great as well. Forza 3 is a great game but takes a while to build up your cars properly. Plus you really need to know how to properly tune the car for best performance on each track you race.

I have Burnout Paradise and that is a great game for that series. A lot of crashing and racing but not much choice when it comes to car modifications.

Blur is really geared toward online racing from what i have seen and done with it. I have not played the single player much but it was great.

Split Second is a fun game as well. Race and cause explosions to take out your competition. Kinda like a Burnout but with control of the damage.

need for speed shift, and forza 3 are both epically sic games. but i would like to note most cars in need for speed shift drive like a Porsche. but thats because ea partnered with Porsche to develop the racing engine and they only used Porsche cars to calculate driving physics, they literally all handle like rear end heavy awd cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom