New Xbox 360 Compatibility Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
hey guys, this is prob my first post for xbox,
my bro in law just got one, a 4gb model and he's trying to play some old xbox games and this is the error he's getting
"you need to attach an xbox hdd to play original xbox games"

This isn't an error, you do need the Xbox HDD attached to play classic games, the 4GB model, can not do this with out the attached drive.

what attached drive are you talking about? isn't the 4gb hdd attached to the xbox?
The 4GB isn't a hard drive. It's a flash chip (think: USB sticks and SD cards) embedded inside.

Because the Classic games require various downloads to work (which can take up a lot of storage space), they assume you don't have enough space since there's no hard drive attached.

The 4GB isn't a hard drive. It's a flash chip (think: USB sticks and SD cards) embedded inside.

Because the Classic games require various downloads to work (which can take up a lot of storage space), they assume you don't have enough space since there's no hard drive attached.
ahhhh i get it now
so what would you suggest?
i don't think he'll get it but just in case...
plus is this only for the older games or even the newer ones?

Just the Classic games. 360 games don't have any extra requirements.

I would suggest to go online or to a local store and pick up a 250gb hdd for the xbox 360 from Microsoft. Depending on where you get it could be from $99 to $120.

gamestop, best buy, wal-mart, etc.

Just the Classic games. 360 games don't have any extra requirements.

I will just add this. That is not always true. There are Map Packs and other downloads for the games that do require storage space. The 4GB model can normally run most games. But if you play on playing games like Halo Reach or CoD Black Ops, especially online, it will require more storage than what the 4GB model can handle. They may get by with just getting the 8GB USB Thumb Drive for the XBOX, but I would highly suggest the 250GB HDD.

I rarely sell the 4GB model for this reason. If the person only plans to play single player campaigns, then the 4GB model will work fine, but the HDD will be needed if any online gaming is going to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom