new to Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great- wow - i did not think Xbox had much in the way of co-op or "fun" for more than just one person games. I got turned off to X-box watching a teenager kill innocents in the steel auto game and getting points for it several years ago- so I opted for PC and PS3. Ya, old ignorant guy, I am sure that same game is on those platforms as well.

Many of the 360's best games are multiplayer-enabled ;)
The Halo and CoD games are especially fun splitscreen (or online).

I was not impressed with the Mass Effect games. I also was not in the mood to learn the insane controls.

My fav coop game would have to be Halo 3 or Halo Reach. The gears games where also fun.

Oh and Army of 2 was fun. I have not played the second yet though so can not speak for that one.

You can play Halo split screen? Very cool indeed. OK - next ?? - need to pick up an additional controller as the console only comes with one. Name brand or not? wired or wireless? Help....

yeah, you can do 4-player splitscreen.
Get the official controller, it's one of the best gamepads around, quality-wise. Try to get one a different colour from your current one, helps with various 'that's my controller!' issues, though it only matters really if you're playing with kids (or immature adults). They come in white/black/blue/pink/red/green/silver and various game-based ones like Halo 3, Halo Reach and Fable III.
Wired/wireless - depends on how far you are from the TV/monitor. The wired is lighter, but the cable gets in the way obviously, and the lack of a cable makes the wireless much tidier. Obviously batteries is a consideration.

Show me an adult on this forum ( I am over 40) and I will show you an immature adult- lol.

As Yami stated get official xbox controllers. I have tried several other kinds and they all suck quality wise compared to the official. I would recommend wireless and just get an extra battery or 2(kinda expensive but worth it when you get a charger)

I recommend this charger:
Microsoft Xbox 360 Quick Charge Kit for Xbox 360 | GameStop
Might can find one cheaper but thats what I have and it works great. I recommend taking the freshly charged battery off the charger as soon as you notice the light has turned from red to green. The charge life seems to last longer when not left on it constantly..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom