new to Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerinpa

Fully Optimized
OK guys- bought my son a Xbox 360 for Christmas- what games are a necessity?? We played Halo 2 on PC already. Picked up halo 3 for 9.99 Used at Gamestop. Does Borderlands play in split screen? Especially looking for games that can play co-op split screen so that so we can play together. or so he can play with his brother. Thanks.

Halo Reach is quite good.

I would have to say the best Co-op game I've ever played for 360 is Gears Of War. If you don't want the "extreme content" such as blood and gore you can turn that off in the menus as well.

Reach is awesome.. Gears of War is good too and Gears 3 is coming out soon which is going to be EPIC! You know 90% of my gaming is done on PC too so yea lol. I will get GOW3.

But out of my xbox collection (which is low)..

Halo Reach
Red Dead Redemption (VGA Best Game)
Gears of War/Gears of War 2 (GOW/GOW2)
DIRT 2 (If you are into Rally Racing)
The UFC games are pretty fun if you like hand to hand combat.

I still have yet to play Halo Reach multi or beat RDR (Don't play 360 a whole lot)

Picked up Gears 2 ( best in year so it includes all downloads) for $20 at gamestop. Gears #1 is $5- worth picking up #1 or not.

Picked up Gears 2 ( best in year so it includes all downloads) for $20 at gamestop. Gears #1 is $5- worth picking up #1 or not.

Yeah Gears 1 is worth picking up, IMO it was far better than Gears 2 was.

For so cheap it is worth picking up Gears 1, its awesome. Also the Call of Duty line are pretty good in co-op campaign, especially modern warfare 1/2 and COD:Black Opps which have a great story line to them. :)

The only COD game with a co-op campaign is World At War.

For COD I'd recommend COD2, COD4, and Black Ops. World at War was Ok, MW2 was decent but IMO the first 3 I mentioned are the best in the series.

ok then will be getting gears 1 to marrow- if the travel is not dangerous- freezing rain tonight.

Borderlands does indeed play splitscreen.

Mass Effect 1+2 are great games too, I suggest them highly. (they're not co-op though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom