new to Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have the play+charge kit, but I had three batteries and now they're all completely dead, won't hold any charge.
Now I use actual rechargeable batteries (2500mAh Energizers); each charge lasts longer and will last many more charges than whatever cheap AAs MS puts in their rechargeable packs.
Cheaper initial cost, too - a fiver (£5/$10) for four of the aforementioned batteries, whereas it's £10/$20 for a single rechargeable pack plus cable.

Found a Halo Reach wireless controller for $39 online. So will go for that for a second controller. I just have to remember where I saw that deal. Edit = found it at Buy.com

Found a Halo Reach wireless controller for $39 online. So will go for that for a second controller. I just have to remember where I saw that deal. Edit = found it at Buy.com
I have two of them, they're very nice :) (I got the Reach console, which came with them)

Picked up Reach for $39 at Target . So I am set for Xmas = 360 console, older 360 headset , Games= Halo 3 and Reach, Gears 1 and 2, extra controller. His B-day is in 5 weeks so will hold out Reach and Gears 2 for that. I will let him buy his own "live " account. Thanks a lot guys.

HAHA.. Ted here has Black Ops for PC. And remember what I told you on our forums about the 4 pack live accounts. Its cheaper for 4 accounts then it is 2 for a year. :D Any other questions feel free to ask.

Also want to mention Fable III is not worth the money. I would wait for it to come down in price. (I thought I seen it mentioned up top).

OK - will look into the multi-account "live" idea. I am not sure my other boy will play though- as the X-box will officially be my 12 Year old's console - he may not let his older brother use it - so no reason to have an additional "live " account. They get very snippy about stuff like this. My 15 y.o is playing EVE a lot lately. The PS3 and the PC's are the families = "mine". So, I can say whose turn it is, etc. Overlord, are you on "Teamspeak" for the clan ever? - this would be easier via voice. I am still unsure how the "live" account stuff works- what are "points" for?

LIVE accounts are just the account you use to access various online capabilities on the 360, in the same way as you have an email account or your account on here. There's Silver, which lets you access the vast majority of stuff on XBL (Xbox Live); it's free to make a Silver account. Gold accounts cost money, and the main difference is that you need a Gold account to play multiplayer games over the internet (there's a few other little extras too).

Microsoft points are the currency used on XBL, used (so they say) so that you know how much something costs no matter what currency you use. You can get points by buying them through XBL, but that's the expensive way - it's generally cheaper to buy points cards at supermarkets or videogame stores.

Yeah Ted, I am on TS often. I have actually been MIA for the last few weeks though. (Working on the Ski Hill and riding a lot). But if you want to hop on Tonight I should be on for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom