Need help with connection sharing problem for Xbox 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still gives me an error message when switching to "shared" network. Same one as before. Let me try bridging connection on my laptop, I'll keep you posted.

Try doing the "ping" command again....if it's still getting a reply then there is an adapter on the network somewhere with 192.168.0.1

I tried bridging connections, didn't work so far, now I'm going to restart my computer and maybe that'll make it work. It won't share network though says the exact same error. And I did that ping command and no reply for 192.168.0.1

Also, I didnt change any IP settings or anything on my Xbox. So what should I try now >_<.

Edit: Still doesn't work even when restarted, and now my laptops internet connection isnt working.

refresh your connection on the laptop....its really weird that even with no adapter being on .0.1 that it's still refusing...it should set it....so the ping test is coming up negative for .0.1........okay.....there is only one thing i can think of if all the tests come up negative for 192.168.0.1........and that is to change your DCHP on the router to 192.168.1.1.....so everything except the new NIC will be running with a different IP completely.......also, what is your network config? is it just the modem straight to the router and then all the computers detect the IP address automatically?

Yes, my network is exactly as you described. Also, my laptop won't connect to internet anymore. But, I might be doing something wrong so I'll describe what I did:

First tried to share network, didn't work, gave the IP error from my first post.

I then tried network bridge, firstly by connecting to Xbox and then connecting my only LAN and my wireless, with no firewall. I then waited a bit and restarted my Xbox, still IP doesn't work. But now my computer isn't even connecting to my internet, so no idea. Is there any way to make shared network work? It seems easier than bridging.

And my current DCHP setting is: 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.199

so I don't know if it conflicts with the IP, so should I still do it?

okay...change your router to 192.168.1.1.......and set the DCHP to 192.168.1-192.168.1.255

that should solve all the problems...then nothing can be on 192.168.0.1 and you should be able to use it for sharing...if for some reason you cannot get anything to connect at all...then just reset your router using the little button on the back

ICS is the best IMO......as for step by step....you need to log into your router again with 192.168.0.2 (assuming thats what you set it to)...then change the DCHP to 192.168.1.1 thru 192.168.1.100

then you will probably have to disable, then re-enable your network adapter to get the new IP address...then you can try enabling ICS (internet connection sharing) again and see if it works....if it doesn't work this time then you should probably bridge because something is blocking your ICS....also...right after you re-enable your adapter, you should go to Start>Run> type CMD...then Ipconfig and make sure you have a 192.168.1.X number....

i am assuming that all the adapters on your network are set to obtain Ip address automatically? and no static addresses are set

Okay so let me see if I get this:

1) Change DCHP of router from 192.168.1.1 through 192.168.1.100
2) Reset my router so it gives out new IP's for all my computers
3) Check my computers to make sure I have a 192.168.1.X IP
4) If so I go to my Network Connections, Right click my wireless internet -> properties -> Advanced and in ICS tick off both boxes.
5) If it works, plug in Xbox to laptop and restart the console
6) Run Test

Is this right Captain? Anything else I should do before I start the process? lol :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom