My xbox is sooooo slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipaKonkretnui

Solid State Member
Hi there,

I am having troubles with my xbox (It is 1.5 years old): loading speed of everything is very slow. And it doesn't matter what am I trying to load: game, audio cd, or just go to browser screen. For example: when I turn Xbox on it takes 2-3 minutes to load MS dashboard!

What can it be, and how do I fix it?

Thanks.

P.S. Xbox version- 1.1

To Mx-Chris:
My HDD is not full. I deleted all music and game saves

To Placebo:
I think that it cannot be dvd drive since when I turn Xbox on (without any cd inside) it takes 2-3 minutes to load MS dashboard.

Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, my Xbox is not under any warranty.

Thanks for the suggestion about the mod chip. You think that there is no other way to solve the problem? (Not counting changing motherboard and hard drive)

Yeah, it's nice to have a mod chip inside xbox. (It is obvious that you have it).

I am pretty sure that it is a hard drive falling. However, I cannot put another one because I do not have a mod chip. The only way is to buy a motherboard along with hard drive, but that's too expensive. I guess my Xbox goes to ebay as broken.

Thanks for the link..

Ya, the HD is definetely failing.

Either that or your system is just slowly dying a painful death, because I have noticed that mine is not as fast as it used to be, same goes for my Gamecube *cough* which sucks*cough cough*

To Mx-Chris: I know that I can do this, but, as you stated, it is very long process and I don't want to spend more money on my xbox without knowing the fact that it will help.

Will it help if I call Microsoft and ask them for the code to format my hard drive?

To guess123: Well, PS2 doesn't have hard drive inside, so exact same thing cannot happen. However, after some period of time the speed of loading games could decrease due to dirty/weared out lazer.

guess123 said:
does this also happen to ps2???

I dont think it does, BUT, the PS2 is TERRIBLE for getting messed up discs that wont play.

My cousin has one, and I dont, but since I used to have to ride the bus to his house every day after school, I witnessed the horrors of his PS2 and how half of his games wouldnt even work due to "disc errors".

And he takes care of them also......puts them back in the case, keeps them in a nice and neat spot without much dust or particles getting in the way, yet the discs still manage to get messed up.

????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom