my xbox 1 second pause or mabye freeze issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chairzard4

Baseband Member
well i recently bought mafia 2 which i reccomend to all of you and sometimes on it it pause's/freezes for 1 second i know not very long but im just wondering if it is normal xbox behaviour it does it on all my games just wondering if it is normal

sorry to bother you guys

also it does come back to the game its actually like a milla second but it just worrys me

Yes it is completely normal. The game system is already several years old and nothing done is instantaneous with it. If you are expecting everything to do read of the DVD, loaded to the System and viewed on the screen with no time delay, your using the wrong type of system. As there is no system out there that can do this. Not even the highest end PC can do it without some kinda load lag.

If it worried you so much, why not contact Microsoft directly? They made the device!

Most likely its the game loading, so I wouldn't worry about it unless you get pauses for 5+ seconds.

it only happens when im driving sometimes like if i go into a new area or if i go into a shop to buy things i think its just loading like you guys said :D thanks for your help

it just seems odd so you guys definatly sure that it is like a loading thing or something i really started to get into xbox's and mafia 2

If your driving you think that the whole map is loaded? No. It loads sections so when you drive off of that section it loads the next section that you are going into. Just like it has to load the shop that you are going into. Not everything is read and loaded into the memory of the system so it can be accessed on a seconds notice. It is the same problem that has been around since the first Playstation system was released and will continue to be around until they come up with a way to load a full BluRay disk into memory.

Yes we are sure cause it isnt a new thing. This is the same thing that has happened on every optical based system and even non-optical based systems since the start of console gaming. Even Mario Brothers back on the original NES and games as far back as the Comadore 64 and Atari have had this issue. Nothing in the world of console gaming is instant.

You not wasting our time. But almost all of this information is present in the manuals of the games and the system. It tells you about such things as loading times and all of that right in there. Have you read the manuals to know this information instead of asking every time you get a pause for a couple of seconds in a game thinking something is wrong with your system?

Not all games have that type of lag though, some games are actually pretty good about loading, I know on some games, you start a game, it loads the initial start point, but, as you progress, it loads the rest of a level/area before you get to the point it would cause a loading screen.

Yes not all games have such a loading screen. But from what i gather this game is a lot like GTA where you have the option to free roam throughout the city. So while it may not have a loading screen per say, it will at least have an icon to show that it is loading the next section that you are going into. I know that games like this that at any time when you enter a shop it has to load due to the fact that the shop screens are different than the current loaded city scene.

In the manual it would show the loading icon so you can know when it is loading a new section of the game in order to know why your getting that lag and the game feels like it is stuttering when doing certain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom