Is My 8 port Router Compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

In Runtime
Hi,

I just purchased a new xbox for myself. I'm looking to hook it up to my network and hopefully get xbox live working. I read that some routers arent compatible...

Anyone here know if an SMC BARRICADE 7008ABR is compatible or not?? Anyone with experience on this?

I'd really hate to have to buy a different router just for my xbox. I'm very happy with the Barricade for my personal network.

Thanks in advance.

Heh. Thanks. I was planning to do that soon. Seems i can't find a Communicator package at any of the stores in my area right now. :(

Might have to order it online. I want to get the whole package, with Crimson Skies and pay for a year in advance.

Well, lets see. If you can plug in a computer to one of the ports of your router and it works automatically, then the Xbox should have no problem. I'm not guarenteeing anything, though. I have a Siemens 4-Port Router, connected the Xbox with an Ethernet and BAM, I was online and Xbox Living in no time!

I just figured i'd ask because i've been reading a few websites that explain that some routers just don't work. We'll see. Thanks.

Just about any router works with xbl. I probably have 20 friends that have xbox live and they all have different routers.

+ I think you can find a official list on xbox.com

Yeah, i looked at the list they had. Mine wasn't listed, but a few of the SMC routers were listed as incompatible, even the new wireless ones.

You can't just hook a pc up and go. With my network i have to define the in/out ports allowed because i cusomized the barricade that way. Of course, i could just open the xbox console up to all ingoing and outgoing. I guess i'll just hook it up in a week or so when i have the time and see what happens. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom