MS Announces 100GB Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
MS Announces 100GB Hard Drive
Engadget is reporting (complete with slides) that Microsoft has announced a 100 hard drive for the Xbox 360. If you are like me and have less than 2GB of hard drive space left, this is a welcomed announcement.

Microsoft just announced a 100GB hard drive for the Xbox 360 at their little X06 shindig in Korea, and the drive should be making its way to shelves -- at least in Korea -- by March of '07.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/19/microsoft-announces-100gb-360-hdd-at-x06-korea/

Isn't there some way to just put in a regular IDE HDD to an Xbox360? Well, at least I heard you can do that to a regular xbox, not sure if it's true or true for the 360.

100GB Xbox 360 HD Rumor Bogus
Dang, I was really hoping that 100GB hard drive upgrade story we posted yesterday was real. Unfortunately, MS has completely debunked the story and crushed our hopes in the process. Thanks to Kotaku for the original story and the follow up debunking story.

Yes, about two and a half thousand people sent to me a link to that, in which one sees a photographed powerpoint slide, featuring a non removable disk on which someone stuck 100 GB in an Arial font. Come on, you know Microsoft presentations. How many times have you been to GC? Would this company announce a product in such a ragged manner? Quote: No large non removable disk is announced.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/germany/360-100-gb-hd-bogus-says-germanys-herr-nelson-209092.php

Well they need to, 20GB (15 actually, you start off with 13 free but I just deleted all that crappy music and videos that come standard on it) isn't as much room as I would like.

After reports were made recently about a 100 gigabytes hard drive for the Xbox 360 being on the way, and even despite supposed "announcements" of it at Korean X06, accompanied with pictures of it, a Microsoft representative blatantly denied the rumors going on about such upcoming accessory.

"The reference to a 100 GB hard drive in a recent presentation in Korea has been misleading and in fact we have no plans to bring a 100GB hard drive to the market. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused." , is the sentence pronounced by that representative, and that directly addresses the rumors that have been going on for the past few days, either making them obsolete or hiding what is in fact the truth, since no proof of anything is available at this time.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12039/Microsoft-Announces-100-GB-Xbox-360-HDD-at-Korean-X06/

I personally think it kind of funny that the hard drive available for the Xbox360 is smaller than the one available for the PS2 especially when the PS2 one was more or less useless and the Xbox's is actually used. Yikes :-X.

aaronkupen said:
I personally think it kind of funny that the hard drive available for the Xbox360 is smaller than the one available for the PS2 especially when the PS2 one was more or less useless and the Xbox's is actually used. Yikes :-X.

good point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom