Microsoft Xbox 360 Netflix Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade Ares

Solid State Member
Alright, this is going to be a long story, so brace yourself. OK, first I started out and I had a Linksys WRT54G2 wireless router with my TDS internet. It worked fine. Then eventually I got netflix and it still worked fine for a while. Then it started kicking me out of netflix and not resuming play and not being able to launch netflix at all on the xbox. Then it got to where sometimes it would kick me from Xbox Live completely and I would have to reset my router and modem and then reconnect. Then recently the router "bricked" or became permanently unstable. So I got extremely fed up with it and went and bought a new Linksys E3200 wireless router and hooked it up to my TDS internet once again. My laptop and xbox's connection are both fine (4 Green bars on xbox and 5 bars on my laptop).

But it didn't fix my netflix problem. It wouldn't let me load netflix, so I deleted it from my Xbox, thinking maybe it would work if i deactivated it from the website and redownloaded and activated it again. Well now I can't get it to download at all on my xbox, it hit 1% then stopped and then it hit 94% and stopped and now it wont go past 1% again. I used Speedtest.net to check my internet speed.

My router is connected to a server in Atlanta, Georgia. The ping time is 51ms, the Download speed averages around 9, but hits highs of 13 and lows of 5mbps. Heres where I think the problem is, the Upload speed is only .86mbps. And it doesnt go any higher or lower hardly at all, maybe .02 plus or minus. I'm thinking maybe the problem is the upload speed is too low to download things onto my xbox and to play Netflix on it at all.

My laptop will download files and play netflix decently, and my Xbox 360 allows me to play online matches of games continuously without interruption. But the problem is when I try to use netflix on my xbox 360.

So maybe the problems my upload speed? Maybe the problems netflix's crappy service 99% of the time? Im not sure, but I would really love to be able to watch netflix on my xbox 360 again, so any help would be appreciated. >>>>PS<<<<: Just because I may seem like I know technical terminology and be smart at this whole networking thing, doesnt mean I am. Im not very good with it, but I am good at following good, simple, detailed instructions. Thanks for reading and any help. PLEEEASE HELP ME:sick:

Also, I havent been able to download anything onto my xbox at all, Hulu, add ons, nothing will download onto it.

Go onto your XBOX. Go under storage and delete anything that has to do with XBOX from your hard drive. After that Clear the Cache of the system. Then try to re-download the NetFlix software.

When you say delete anything to do with xbox in my hard drive, what exactly are you talking about? Like the system file type things, or everything lol. Sorry if I seem a little dull, Im trying my best

My XBOX>System Settings>Memory>Hard Drive

In there find anything that says NetFlix. Newer downloads of the software has it located in the games area and about a 46MB download. That needs to be deleted. So you can try to download the software again. When i say to delete anything to do with NetFlix on your hard drive, i mean just that. Find anything on your hard drive that says NetFlix and delete it.

How to clear your system cache

It isnt NetFlix cause I use it on my XBOX 360 just fine as well as my PS3 and Wii with no issues on any of those 3 systems at all. All of which are connected to the same router. I even use it on my 2 Tablets which are also connected to the very same router. It isnt the service.

If deleting the software and downloading it again doesnt work, contact Microsoft. I got these very same instructions from @XBOXSupport on Twitter not long ago myself when my NetFlix was having issues during the Beta Update process. These steps fixed it for me. If they dont for you, Microsoft will be your best source for answers. Either that or try a different Router.

Speaking of which. Does this all happen if you remove the router from the equation and plug the XBOX directly into the modem?

I wouldnt know because I dont have a ethernet cable for it anymore, and My TV is too far away from it to connect to it

So why not just buy a new cable? All it is, is a Cat5 cable that you can buy at any Walmart or any store that sells Ethernet cables. You are going to have to direct connect your XBOX to the modem to verify that there is something even wrong with it connecting. Without that not even the people from XBOX will be able to help. You are going to have to do something in order to get it that far. You want it to work, this is what it will take to troubleshoot and get it working.

Alright mate, I'll buy one as soon as I can, I'll probably post back on here as soon as I get one keeping you updated. And I tried clearing the system cache and deleting the netflix files and redownloading it, but it still wouldnt download. Thanks for your help man, I really appreciate it.

I haven't forwarded the ports

I just tried to port forward and for some reason the routers configuration website is not letting me in. I've tried every possible password and username combination using "admin" and I know for a fact that I never changed those, so I'm not sure ow I'm going to get into the configuration to open/forward any of the ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom