Mature Content Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you wouldn't think those people who don't sell alcohol and cigarettes aren't doing the right thing either? nice

maybe you'll see what's what when you grow up

just because you buy things, doesn't mean there shouldn't be any rules associated with it

I am more mature than most kids in my class and i play game for fun. I dont see any association with games and real life. There should be a way to change the settings because MY PARENTS even think its retarded.

Drugs and alchohol have NOTHING to do with video games. If you think about it video games are actually the opposite because it keeps kids away from that awful brain rotting crap.

And if some kid wanted drugs and alchohol he could have it any time. its the choice of the person to make those decisions. If you makes something unavailible, people will push to get it. Its human nature.

Anyways back to subject, I love my xbox but i wish i would have just lied about my age.

And if some kid wanted drugs and alchohol he could have it any time. its the choice of the person to make those decisions. If you makes something unavailible, people will push to get it. Its human nature.

Lol my friend did something like that to his parents... His parents were mad that he'd play games for a few hours a night, and one night he got fed up with it, and said to his mom "Ok, well I'm gonna go out and get drunk and then go get high, see you later." Lol, she got kinda mad about that...then he just went right back to playing games xD.

ya man thats smart. Video games can be healthy. If i have kids and they play a lot of video games and have good grades i wouldnt whine about that.

ANd i would hope they would excercise once and a while :p

It should be up to the parents carnage, you are right.

But most of the time now parents aren't making those decisions. So in that case you just give up and say, "**** it"?

Hello,

Sorry but i can not agree with you and Carnage. The fact is this. How many parents pay attention to the new games and what they entail? I mean after working all day and everything else that has to be done when do they have time to go to a store or online to check what the game content includes?

I have worked in retail and i have many times advised parents on a game and a age group. Plenty of times witht he kids there. The kids got upset with me cause they wanted the game and the parents were set to buy it for them not knowing what they were getting into.

God of War, GTA and plenty of other games should not be avaiable to younger kids. Dont get me wrong when i was 8 i got my first NES and Contra. But back then games were not so life like. They were not so realistic. Now younger kids play these games and can not tell if they are a game or real anymore. Case in point what happen with teh GTA4 and kid who killed teh cab driver.

Yeah the kid may have been mentally instable. But until kids can learn the difference between real and fake they should now play these games. A parents job is tough as it is not to have even more put on them with stuff such as a video game check everytime a kid wants a new one.

That is why the ESRB is a good system. It is just like the rating system at a Movie. It lets parents know that some of the content is not appropiate for the age group.

My daughter is going to be in the same situation. CAuse i will be checking. But at the same time she will not be starting her gaming life, if she wants one, on a PS3 or 360. I will start her on my old NES so she can learn the difference between real and fake. I will make sure she knows that it is just a game and not to do this stuff in real life. Many parents will not take these measures cause they are single aprents or whatever. Maybe they just dont care. But the point is the ESRB is a good system. It should be used.

But that is my opinon as a father. When you have a family and you have to make these decisions for your child. You will see that you think much differently about it yourself. Right now you feel slighted cause you are affected by it. But when it is your child that will be affected. You will have a whole different outcome on what you think.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom