Lan question

Status
Not open for further replies.
H4x3r said:
no...if you have a hub..then you need cat5 cables...if not then you need crossover cables...a crossover will not work with a hub
uhh yeh, crossover cables plus hub = lan party

Aussie33 said:
uhh yeh, crossover cables plus hub = lan party
LOL, why all the confusion :amazed:

You ONLY use a crossover cable for a direct connection xbox->xbox (no hub, router, switch).

If you use a hub, router, switch (all will work when connecting multiple box's) you use a regular patch cable.

Crossover cable + hub, switch, router will NOT work.

Aussie33 said:
If you have one hub and 4 crossover cables you can connect 4 xbox's together.

see that wouldn't work!...it has to be a cat5 cable... a cross over cable is a cable with wires that "cross over," so the terminating ends of the cable have opposite wire assignments. the point of this to to connect two NIC cards together, but it will not work it router, hub, switch...in that case it has to be a cat5 cable!..trust us..we know from experiance that a hub + 4 cross over cables will not work

Ok, every sunday I play at a lan party, I have a Netgear hub 5 ports, and I bought a Cat5 crossover cable at radioshack and it works, thats what all our cables are and they work.

some switches, hubs and routers are able to support both cable types (standard patch (straight) and crossover cables).

i no ours does :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom