Lan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadRacer

In Runtime
I've got a question for anyone who does LAN parties with their X-Boxes. My friends and I were thinking about doing one, but how would you hook 3+ together? I think you would use a router, but I'm not entirely sure. Another thing, are those regular Cat5 cables that you use, or do you need a crossover cable for direct X-Box to X-box linkage? If you used a router, do you need Cat5 or crossover? How would you hook it up if using a router, just plug the X-Boxes into the regular slots (not the modem one)? Any help is appreciated, thanks guys:D

You need a switch (Most routers have one built in). Use regular Cat5 cables. If you use a router don't use the WAN (modem) port, only the LAN ports.

as for xbox to xbox connection it HAS to be a crossover cable...a standard cat5 will not work

OK. So if we were to hook up 3 X-Boxes, I'd plug them into the 1st, 2nd and 3rd computer ports (not the modem port) with regular ethernet cables. Right?

RadRacer said:
OK. So if we were to hook up 3 X-Boxes, I'd plug them into the 1st, 2nd and 3rd computer ports (not the modem port) with regular ethernet cables. Right?
Correct.

Aussie33 said:
Ya you just need crossover cables and a hub.

no...if you have a hub..then you need cat5 cables...if not then you need crossover cables...a crossover will not work with a hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom