Installing Seagate 120gb hdd into x360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyggr181

Solid State Member
I am trying to upgrade my x360 with the retail 120gb seagate hd that is compatible using software to flash the firmware so the x360 recognizes and you can use it. It says to put a copy of dos onto a thumb drive, disconnect your computers HD, and boot to dos to flash the firmware of your new drive to use it with your 360. do I have to make the thumbdrive bootable, and install dos directly to it, then restart? or should I make a bootable floppy and try it? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

He bought a hdd from a retail store. One you can put in your computer straight away, now he wants to replace the one that was in the 360 with the one he bought.

It is possible, the HDD in a 360 is just a laptop hard drive. However, the bigger issue is that I know all of the earlier versions of the 360 we designed to only work with specific models of hard drives making user upgrading a bit of a pain if at all practical.

There was an article in PC World. Here is the link.. PC World - Upgrade Your Xbox 360's Hard Drive on the Cheap

Whoever is interested look it over and tell me if anything sounds complicated or a pain to do, We got up to the part where you hook up the HD and have to flash firmware in DOS. Cannot get DOS to load up during restart. Would I be better off making a bootable floppy, and restart with that in the drive. The whole time your main HD to the computer is disconnected. If anyone has time. Look this over. Thanks

Did you select the flashdrive to be booted from in your BIOS? I just took a quick scan over some parts, doesn't seem to be too tricky. Also, it looks like the hack is for a certain hdd. Did you get the correct one?

yes, I did pick up the right one. And yes I did select the thumb drive to boot. But do I have to do something to make the flash drive bootable? Or should I just use a floppy? And I put DOS 6.22 on the flash drive and extracted it, so it should work right. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom