Installing Games To Your Xbox 360 Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to IGN that awesome 360 rumble everyone loves to hate became almost non-existant but the load times didn't change.

The jet engine powered rocket-engine-assisted DVD drive no longer fires up to maximum loudness when booting installed games, but load times are pretty much the same. The fans, however, get just as loud, so it's still loud.

One thing I did realize about NXE is that when you press the off button/turn it off in the menus, it puts the console into standby and keeps running the fans until it cools down, then shuts off (rather than just turning off while the chips are still really hot) .

Well... In the long run it will save a few cents in electricity using just the HDD for games instead of the DVD drive... But I am screwed I have the halo edition xbox and I don't wanna change my HDD out for a bigger one cause of two reasons, looks, and I don't wanna loose my game data, so... There would be no point in me ever wanting to put my games on my HDD...

If you buy a larger hard drive (say the Xbox 360 120GB model) it comes with a data transfer cable that copies all the data over to the new drive. I'm getting the 120GB hdd because of this very feature :D

Never understood why the PS3's drive you can barely even hear and the XBox's is so loud it's tough to talk. Not a DVD thing since DVD's are just as quiet. Or maybe I just lucked out on my PS3. Sony generally make crap products so I wonder what changed their minds with this :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom