Hunt for the Pro Jasper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkupen

Fully Optimized
So since Jaspers have pretty much been actively replacing the old arcade models, I was wondering if there have been any confirmed cases of Xbox360 Pro Jaspers. I'm actually considering getting a 360 soon, but I'm not willing to buy an arcade or a non jasper.

So what's the news?

Not sure, I know the Arcades are shipping with Jasper boards, so the Pro models should be as well, considering the actual consoles are all the same, package only determines what accessories come in the box and what color case is around the insides. If you can look at the box before you buy, look through the window on the box where the bar code is and you may be able to see the power rating. Original consoles are 16A, Falcons are 14A, and Jaspers are 12A.

Not sure, I know the Arcades are shipping with Jasper boards, so the Pro models should be as well, considering the actual consoles are all the same, package only determines what accessories come in the box and what color case is around the insides. If you can look at the box before you buy, look through the window on the box where the bar code is and you may be able to see the power rating. Original consoles are 16A, Falcons are 14A, and Jaspers are 12A.

I've tried, but currently I have not seen any. Also a lot of reputable sites, including anandtech and engadget, have only spotted jaspers in arcade machines. I don't think Jasper has trickled into elites or pro's yet.

The Jasper is the latest 360 motherboard. It is the fourth revision of the board.

Xenon - first board - NO HDMI, 90nm CPU, 90nm GPU, often had a small GPU heatsink, and was very prone to Red-Ring-of-Death failures

Zephyr - second board - First HDMI board, still 90nm CPU, 90nm GPU, often had a larger GPU heatsink, but still using the 90nm chips, was still prone to Red-Ring-of-Death issues

Falcon - third board - First board to use a new CPU, a 65nm one, still used a 90nm GPU. Less prone to RRoD, uses only 14A on the 12v line and comes with a 175W power brick as opposed to the older 203W ones that shipped with earlier models

Jasper - fourth and current board - Uses both 65nm CPU and 65nm GPU to reduce heat, greatly reduced RRoD risk, uses only 12A on the 12V line and comes with a 150W power brick

The Jasper is the latest 360 motherboard. It is the fourth revision of the board.

Xenon - first board - NO HDMI, 90nm CPU, 90nm GPU, often had a small GPU heatsink, and was very prone to Red-Ring-of-Death failures

Zephyr - second board - First HDMI board, still 90nm CPU, 90nm GPU, often had a larger GPU heatsink, but still using the 90nm chips, was still prone to Red-Ring-of-Death issues

Falcon - third board - First board to use a new CPU, a 65nm one, still used a 90nm GPU. Less prone to RRoD, uses only 14A on the 12v line and comes with a 175W power brick as opposed to the older 203W ones that shipped with earlier models

Jasper - fourth and current board - Uses both 65nm CPU and 65nm GPU to reduce heat, greatly reduced RRoD risk, uses only 12A on the 12V line and comes with a 150W power brick

it all makes sence now thanks. i must have the xenon borde as i have one of the first xbox360's that come out.

Aaron, I would try looking for a Jasper arcade model, then grabbing the $100 upgrade pack that includes the 60GB hard drive, headset, ethernet, and 3 months of Live :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom