how do i connect 360 to PC monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I have a 19in HANNS G widescreen monitor. How can i hook my 360 up to the monitor? is there a speical cable i need? if so, what cable? send a link. Also, I have the Premium 360. thanks

Taken from > Xbox 360 FAQs - Xbox

16. Can I connect the Xbox 360 to my PC monitor?

Yes, you can connect the Xbox 360 to your PC monitor using the first-party VGA cable (sold separately).

17. Does the Xbox 360 support DVI or HDMI?

At the moment, Microsoft does not plan to offer a DVI or HDMI pack, but it may be available in the future. Todd Holmdahl, Corporate Vice President of the Xbox Product Group at Microsoft, elaborated, “We're poised to hit the sweet spot of the HD market at launch and as the market matures, we will provide an HDMI for our customers when it makes sense. The reality is, you don't need HDMI for HD gaming.” To read the complete interview, click here.

18. If I have a HDTV, do I need the HD cable in order to play the games in high definition, or will the games be in high definition without the cable?

Yes, in order to play Xbox 360 games in HD, you need either the component or VGA cable. If you use the regular composite video or the S-Video cables, you'll only be able to play Xbox 360 games in standard definition.

19. Is there any way to play Xbox 360 games through a large HD screen (Apple) which only has a DVI connector? I heard Microsoft may release a DVI cable. Will this be ready for launch?

Since there is no Xbox 360 cable with DVI or HDMI output, you'll need a VGA to DVI adapter if you want to connect via a DVI input.

just get the vga xbox 360 cable and it'll work just fine. unless you have a newer 360 with hdmi port on the back, then you could get an hdmi > dvi cable from any electronics store or online retailer.

im gonna post newegg links because it was faster for me to find..

hdmi > dvi cable
Newegg.com - Link Depot 7 FT HDMI TO DVI Cable Model HDMI-DVI-2 - OEM

360 vga cable
Newegg.com - Microsoft Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable

p.s. keep in mind the audio situation. you'll have to find some speakers or something for you to hook up you sound too.

Does your moniter have to be hdtv to hook the cables up to it.

I have a moniter thats not hdtv and I want to hook the xbox 360 up to it.

Thanks!

Does your moniter have to be hdtv to hook the cables up to it.

I have a moniter thats not hdtv and I want to hook the xbox 360 up to it.

Thanks!

hdtv doesn't really refer to monitors (assuming your talking about a computer monitor). however you would need to use the vga cables for it. no your monitor doesn't not have to be hdtv for it to connect.

what resolution does your monitor support?

hdtv doesn't really refer to monitors (assuming your talking about a computer monitor). however you would need to use the vga cables for it. no your monitor doesn't not have to be hdtv for it to connect.

what resolution does your monitor support?
1280x1020 or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom