How can I set up a new gamer profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james.wired

Equator Gringo
I just bought a used Xbox 360 Pro. The guy said he left his gamer profile/tag thing on there and didn't bother deleting it just incase I wanted to play any of the demos and stuff he had downloaded onto it. When I got home and turned it on sure enough, his profile came on and I saw some demos and save games.

Can I just keep everything and change the gamer tag to a nick I prefer?
Or do I have to overwrite everything? If so, how do I overwrite everything and start fresh as if I just bought the xbox?
How do I get Live access? Do I need anything special like a code or something that came with the xbox?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Should be able to just delete his profile, and still have all of the stuff he downloaded on the hard drive. Should be able to create a new profile if you sign out of every profile, and then hit the Xbox button, go to sign in, and create a new profile. To sign up for live you should just have to connect to the internet and go to your profile tab and find it in there. If I had my Xbox with me, I'd probably be a lot more help, all of this is just off the top of my head so I can't confirm.

Ah ok cool...I will try it out. It's having a hard time connecting to XBL...says it can't get an IP address from my router. I'm trying to figure that out now haha..

Thanks toxicity!

For some reason I'm having a ton of issues trying to get my Xbox to connect to XBL. I have used two different routers with my modem and nothing...just says hardware not detected, or once it said Cannot get IP address. I was starting to think I got ripped off, so I brought it into work and connected it....connected fine though.

I went to the Xbox support website and there's a crap ton of stuff that I need to try like opening ports and setting up an IP for it manually. I wonder why I could connect to XBL at work with no problem but I can't do it from home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom