Help with VGA cord!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Beta member
I am thinking of hooking my Xbox 360 up to a newish 19' Dell LCD screen with a resolution of 1280x1024, i have no clue what the model type is (I got it from a family member who did not give it to me in its original box)

Here are pictures (sorry about quality, taken from cellphone)

0830081248.jpg

0830081249.jpg

Would hooking my 360 up to that monitor look better then my larger, but 3 year old magnavox standard TV?

0830081251.jpg

Also, would it fit on the screen right?

Thanks a bunch!!!

It's all a matter of preference. If you like the bigger, brighter picture that the TV will give, stick with the TV. However, the monitor will definitely give you a clearer, more detailed (High definition) image because it has a much higher resolution than the TV. Usually LCD panels don't have as good contrast and color as TV's do, so the image quality will probably be reduced, though you'll be able to spot your enemies from a farther range in Halo 3 or COD4 when you can see a clear picture of what you're doing. I use a VGA cord, but I have a nice, new, bright HP w2007 monitor which has great color and contrast (almost as good as a CRT!) and the picture is great, though you won't get that kind of picture with every monitor.

It will look miles better on the monitor as it will be HD. Well not 'true' HD (by that i mean it wont be a progressive image). You will certainly get a sharper image, but as CalcProgrammer said, the contrast and colour wont be as good. I would still do it, I used my monitor instead of my standard CRT until i bought a HDTV, definitely a good idea.

When you use a VGA cable with the 360 you have to option to change the resolution in the settings on the console to suit the resolution of the monitor so you don't have to worry about it fitting on the screen properly, as it will.

Oh yeah, my monitor was a Dell and it worked great. Dell actually make really good quality monitors IMO, very reliable.

EDIT: one other thing you'll need to consider is how you're going to get the audio from the 360, you'll need to use some speakers which have the red and white phono inputs, or use the little adapter and use the 3.5mm jack (which could be used if your monitor has inbuilt speakers which by the looks of it, it doesnt).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom