HDTV on XBOX 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentali$T

Daemon Poster
I just bought myself the LG42PC1D and have linked it up to my XBOX 360 and changed the settings on the 360 to 1080i and set on the cable HD but when i play games the colours are really dark and any settings i try seem to not be very good. Does anyone own this tv and have good settings? or know anything about what settings i should have?

Thanks

Adjust the settings on the TV... Analog TV signals are usually overly bright, wheras digital signals are "perfect" ... just up the brightness and adjust the contrast accordingly.

Hmm i have tried doing this but can never get a good setting that isnt too bright or dark and the colours correct. I will keep trying but if anyone can tell me sum settings to try that would be great.

ok i have tried both 720p and 1080i but they dont really make any difference and doesnt change any brightness etc.
I used some settings a m8 told me but they are very dark and he has the same tv as me :confused: when i put the brightness in the actual game it was much better but i think it takes away some of the HD detail.

It could possibly just be with the tv. Im sure if you keep tinkering with the gamma you'd eventually find something.

You should purchase one of those DVDs that calibrate your TV, if that doesn't do anything. Might just be the TV, I just got a Syntax TV LCD for XMas and it worked perfectly for everything except HDMI, so it has been returned. Just got to find a good tv that works for all your needs.

I have been reading at avforums in their LG42PC1R/D forum that the one i have works better with the VGA cable not the Component so i have ordered one of those cables. Hopefully that will sort it out, if not then i guess ill just have to mess with the settings some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom