HDMI vs the component cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
I am considering buying a refurb xbox 360, but it only comes with a component slot for the video not a HDMI like the new premium systems.
I have a 46 LCD tv that is 1080p. How much of a difference will I notice with a component vs HDMI cable?

one last thing.. is the Falcon board for the xbox 360 the good one or is that the one they are replacing?

not sure about the second question, but you'll notice a significant increase in quality with an HDMI cable. Even if its a ****** hdmi cable you'll notice a huge difference.

dang ok,
I was looking at teh refurb 20gb pro systems..cause they are like $100 less thena 60gb system and you can get anextended warranty for like $25. but anyways.. Thank you for the info

For you second question, no. The Jasper boards are what you want to find now, they are 65nm so the 360 will overheat less.

I am considering buying a refurb xbox 360, but it only comes with a component slot for the video not a HDMI like the new premium systems.
I have a 46 LCD tv that is 1080p. How much of a difference will I notice with a component vs HDMI cable?

one last thing.. is the Falcon board for the xbox 360 the good one or is that the one they are replacing?
Component RCA's will absolutely give a beautiful picture on a HDTV, my son is playing NBA Live 08 right now and we've got it hooked up via RBG and it's stunning. I can't imagine HDMI making it look significantly better, I think there'd be a more noticeable difference in the audio if anything cause right now we're having to use analog audio via rca's.

I have a HDMI cable on order from monoprice so I'll let you know if there's any significant difference.

The Falcon board is the one they're replacing, the new one is the Jasper. You can tell what board you have via the power supply. 175 watt psu = Falcon, 150 watt psu = Jasper.

Unfortunately, the 360 I got for my son for Christmas is a Falcon, I hope we don't get the RROD

I use vga with and run 1920x1080 on my monitor and it looks great, plus most of the games on 360 are 720p native.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom