HDMI cable quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guru is right, there really isn't any difference. It's a digital cable, the signal will get there or it won't; therefore, no difference in quality.

The only thing that can really matter in quality is the shielding around the cable. Sometimes when I am watching cable TV my picture will get all messed up. At first I thought it was the cable company having problems or the line itself. Turns out the shielding sucked and I was getting interference. Wrapped a little electrical tape around it and haven't had problems since.

You're welcome!

I bought 5 of those 3 cent ones for the heck of it. Never know when I will need another one.

Read some more reviews on these cables and found out they are very bad quality. Got a full refund since they didn't ship them yet.

They are a Category-1 cable. Low to no shielding on them. You will get a flicker in your picture with these if you have other cords around.

If the signal is digital the system should be pretty resilient to all kinds of interference...

and wrapping electrical tape around it will do nothing...if that fixed a problem you had then it's purely coincidence. Electrical tape has nothing conductive in it therefore RF will pass right through it.

They brain wash us at best buy. I work in home theater and were literally trained to tell customers that the lower (29.99 6ft dynex) only supports up to like 8gbps or something while the more expensive rocketfish and moster support a 'WHOPPING' 12.1gbps or something. I really don't care that the floor manager gets irritated at me for selling the dynex cables, the only time I sell the monster or rocketfish is when they are using a bluray and connecting it to the 8000 series samsung LED.

But some braindead people come in and look at the cables and see the 199 12ft 1000 series monster cable we have and get that bcause "its expensive, so it must be good". you can get the same performance out of two 6ft dynex cables connected with a coupler. the only difference is the monster cable has some sheilding, so if you run it near power cables or whatnot it doesnt get distorted. Its fun but the misinformation that we are forced to feed people is unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom