HD-DVD, clear lead over Blu-Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danks

In Runtime
In yet another unexpected announcement to come out of the Consumer Electronics Show, Toshiba has reportedly developed a new 50GB HD DVD disc format -- the world's first.

A 50GB HD DVD would up the format's maximum dual-layer storage capacity by a cool 20GB, but more importantly, it would close the gap between HD DVD and Blu-ray. Blu-ray currently supports 50GB discs, which so far has been one of the primary tech advantages it holds over its rival

In other hd-dvd news,Firing the opening high-def salvo of this year's Consumer Electronics Show, the North American HD DVD Promotions Group held a press conference late Sunday, with format-supporting studios previewing several high profile new disc titles to come in 2007.

Though exact specs and street dates are still to be announced, primary HD DVD backers Universal Studios Home Entertainment, Warner Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment released an impressive short list of some of their most highly-awaited new and catalog releases due in 2007.

Among the theatrical blockbusters promised in the coming year are 'The Departed,' 'The Good Shepherd,' 'Flags of Our Fathers,' 'Blade Runner,' 'The Matrix' trilogy and the entire 'Harry Potter' franchise, all from Warner.

TV on HD DVD will also heat up in 2007, with Warner/HBO issuing more of 'The Sopranos' in season-by-season sets, plus the new Battlestar Galactica' from Universal, and as expected from Paramount, the original series of Star Trek.

These titles represent just a handful of what the HD DVD Promotions Group today promised will be a total of at least 300 new titles on the format in the next year, from more than 41 studios and distributors currently supporting HD DVD worldwide, including HBO Home Video, New Line Home Entertainment, Genius Product, Inc., The Weinstein Company, Studio Canal, and Bandai Visual.

Re: Re: HD-DVD, clear lead over Blu-Ray.

The General said:
:eek: OMG IM BUYING ONE RIGHT NOW. :D

rofl!!

Thats pretty cool news there. I dunno why but i just hate it when people are like "blu-ray is sooo much better than HD-DVD" and its just because PS3 has it mainly. (All my mates are like this) Good to see that HD dvd is now pretty much no different. I dont see how 1 HD thing can be better than another anyway. Theres only one kind of HD isnt there? :confused:

Re: Re: Re: HD-DVD, clear lead over Blu-Ray.

Mentali$T said:
rofl!!

Thats pretty cool news there. I dunno why but i just hate it when people are like "blu-ray is sooo much better than HD-DVD" and its just because PS3 has it mainly. (All my mates are like this) Good to see that HD dvd is now pretty much no different. I dont see how 1 HD thing can be better than another anyway. Theres only one kind of HD isnt there? :confused:

Price, capacity, compression, encryption, frame rates, resolution, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom