Halo Wars Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalcProgrammer1

Fully Optimized
It's out now, played it yesterday, seems like a good game. I'm not really into strategy games but this looks like it will be a game I need to buy. Anyone else play it yet?

Any screenshots to share?

I know of the game but I haven't even seen this game

I read an article that talked about how they had a bunch of control changes to make it easier as an RTS. Looks interesting, I look forward to a few reviews or thoughts on it.

There's a playable demo on Xbox Live, it's free but it's also 1.4GB download so if you have the bandwidth/hard drive space I'd say download it.

I've only been playing Skirmish mode but it is fun, you can either be Covenant of Humans (in the demo only one character per team) and there's only one map in the demo but you pretty much get a base that you have to expand, build vehicles (and yeah, they're the same vehicles from the Halo series), aircraft, and troops. You can build multiple bases if you find an empty site or destroy an enemy base. The controls aren't bad, left stick moves the camera, right stick rotates and zooms. A button selects a single unit, hold A to expand a circle to select multiple units, X puts a waypoint for the units to travel to, LB selects all units. Building is all done through menus, press A on a building site to bring up a menu, move control stick to pick what you want to build. You rely on supplies to build stuff, tech level to build advanced stuff, and you have a limit on how large your army can be.

I like being the Covenant because if you get enough supplies you can build a Scarab tank and those things are pretty much the ultimate unit in the game (at least the demo).

Are the controls hard to get used to? or does it make relative sense.. cause that's the one main issue with a console based RTS...

No 360 pour moi. I don't game anymore anyways so.. but I just know a few people who are like uhhh wtf, halo rts on a console and are worreid about how badly it might suck, so I was just seeing how it felt. ha.

IMO it looks great in the videos, but the current ones are people that have designed the game and know how to play, how easy it is for someone that first starts, i don't know. I am currently downloading it, and plan on buying the game as I enjoy the halo series and the game story lines... Never really got into the books though.

BTW... Remind me to not download a game when it will suck up ALL of my bandwidth...

1.4gb on comcast... downloads are usualy great, but **** i forgot how fast they are from microsoft... when i download from them... my connection goes to ****... rofl

I am happy they did include the flood though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom