Halo Wars Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent had a chance to play as I was drunky and now im sore... I did play the training and I will say the controls are very easy to use..

i think its ok but the controls are no subsitute for a good old mouse based pc rts shuch as RA3.

I also dont like the way the resources seem extremely limited, imho they should have went for a Dawn of War style setup.

I will probably end up buying street fighter 4 this month instead...

It's OK but I still think strategy games are not really suited to the console...just yet.

I don't like it that much, downloaded it in about an hour..

It's would've been better as a FPS based game, like Halo only with thousands of insurgents,

game play is slow and methodical, the intro level takes forever to get past and I got frustrated after about 45 minutes of just telling guys in Warthogs to go from Point A to Point B then having to avoid the Covenant b/c I didn't have gunner active yet the only attack I had to was just try and run things over lol

I downloaded the game the other day, it's a very good strategy game for the console. If you ever played LOTR BFMEII on the 360 the controls were not very good but with halo wars it is optimized for the 360 so the controls work very well. You can tell it's a halo game because of the covenant, and how you get Spartan II's etc. It also has really nice looking movie scenes, way better then Halo 3's.

Overall if you like strategy games and Halo games you will probably like the game.

I don't like it that much, downloaded it in about an hour..

It's would've been better as a FPS based game, like Halo only with thousands of insurgents,

game play is slow and methodical, the intro level takes forever to get past and I got frustrated after about 45 minutes of just telling guys in Warthogs to go from Point A to Point B then having to avoid the Covenant b/c I didn't have gunner active yet the only attack I had to was just try and run things over lol

Sounds like you messed something up. None of the demo levels took me anywhere near that long.... If you played the tutorial in your reference to the "opening level" you were being asked to do certain tasks, and you probably just hadn't done them yet or something. Your normal attack mode is X button. You always have a regular gunner attack in the warthog. The ramming attach is the special Y button attack.

CONSOLE RTS= DO NOT WANT!

Seriously I have a 360 but I really wish this came out on the PC. I don't care if it's optimized I don't want console RTS...

Is it 100% that there will be no PC release ever? I mean they said Halo was XBOX only but it came out on PC, so did Halo 2 in the end.

I heard that after Halo Wars is released that they're shutting down Ensemble Studios. Anyways, Halo should stick on the Xbox, that's where it started and that's where it should stay. There are other things for PC if you want to stick to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom