halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
the answer is nobody knows. the only thing bungie software has officially said is that it's comming out in 2004. theyve also hinted that it probably wont be until sometime around April. if you want to know more, go to http://halo.bungie.org (HBO). the HBO forum is the center of the halo fan community (a GREAT community), and the adminstrators and many of the forum regulars there are in constant contact with the people at bungie. also, you can go to http://halo.bungie.net which is bungie's official halo site.

P.S. bungie is a fuckin awsome company

halo 2 is officially scheduled for... sometime soon, lol they said it will prolly be early to spring of 2004, which is just too damn long if you ask me! halo is like the best game ive ever played ona console (no, seriously THE BEST) i have beaten it on every setting except the easiest (i never start at the easiest setting) and i still go through every couple of months and beat it on legendary (me or me and my bro) its just so much damn fun, and supposedly on halo 2 there is going to be more use of the tank, and theres gonna e all kinds of new weapons (they better have the flamethrower and that alien rocketlauncher from the pc version) neways i cant wait for this and half life 2 to come out, they are both going to rock!!!

i havnt heard definitively whether or not theyre bringing the tank back, but even if they do, that's only the beginning. there is going to be a LOT more pilotable vehicles. for starters, there will be an ATV, and a new covenant vehicle (i believe it's called the shadow), and quite a few different variants of the warthog. bungie has released renderings of a normal warthog, a jungle warthog, a snow hog fitted with treads, and a transport hog with the gun replaced with a transport bed. how many of those hogs will make it into the final game is far from certain, however.

dont know how many of the original weapons theyre bringing back. maybe none. confirmed new weapons include: the battle rifle, the SMGs, the sniper rifle (i believe it's a new sniper rifle), and some really long covenant weapon. also, i doubt that the flamethrower will make it for the same reason it was left out of the first one: a realistic flamethrower should set stuff on fire. a realistic fire should be able to spread. creating a (pardon the pun) fire engine capable of sustaining multiple fully dynamic fires that reaches the realism standard of halo, let alone halo 2, is a VERY difficult job. they couldnt make it work for halo 1, so they decided including it would make it stand out in the game.

but there's oh so much more than just new vehicles and new weapons that are going to be in halo 2:

-dual weapon combos (hold two weapons at once--i'm sure this will have certain restrictions to make it plausable)
-melee attack combo's (oh man this is going to be awsome)
-INCREDIBLE graphics, including MUCH more extensive use of bump-mapped textures, as well as incredible dynamic lighting, self-shadowing, and more extensive animation libraries. the dynamic lighting engine should make it possible for you to hide yourself in shadows.
-fully destructable environments
-at least one level with low gravity (more extensive speculation on this is all over the place, but NONE of it has been confirmed).
-possibly POSSIBLY (has not been confirmed or as far as i know even commented on by bungie) variable-timer grenades
-sprinting, as well as peeking around corners and over balconies
-at least two new covenant races: the Brutes and the Prophets
-and (the one i personally am most eagerly anticipating) MUCH better combat AI. both your marines and the covenant will be much smarter. gone will be the days of lone marines running into an open room with covenant all around them on legendary. gone will be the days of marines jumping directly into the path of your gunfire. both marines and covenant will now be much more group-oriented, as well as individually versatile. they will create formations, climb walls, and (YES!!) marines will now be fully capable of piloting the warthog, leaving you free to take the gunners position.
-i'm sure there are more i'm leaving out

all in all, it's going to be the best game ever. and anyone who says otherwise can suck this lang.

WhatTheDilly-O said:
i havnt heard definitively whether or not theyre bringing the tank back, but even if they do, that's only the beginning. there is going to be a LOT more pilotable vehicles. for starters, there will be an ATV, and a new covenant vehicle (i believe it's called the shadow), and quite a few different variants of the warthog. bungie has released renderings of a normal warthog, a jungle warthog, a snow hog fitted with treads, and a transport hog with the gun replaced with a transport bed. how many of those hogs will make it into the final game is far from certain, however.

tank will definately be in halo2, in a press release, they said that they want to have it alot more in halo, but they didnt have time, there are already at least 4 warthogs in the game (you can see 3 in the demo, rocket launcher, gatling gun, and transport) not to mention the fact that you can hijack vehicles-gta style

dont know how many of the original weapons theyre bringing back. maybe none. confirmed new weapons include: the battle rifle, the SMGs, the sniper rifle (i believe it's a new sniper rifle), and some really long covenant weapon. also, i doubt that the flamethrower will make it for the same reason it was left out of the first one: a realistic flamethrower should set stuff on fire. a realistic fire should be able to spread. creating a (pardon the pun) fire engine capable of sustaining multiple fully dynamic fires that reaches the realism standard of halo, let alone halo 2, is a VERY difficult job. they couldnt make it work for halo 1, so they decided including it would make it stand out in the game.

the flamethrower in the pc version, at least in multiplayer, and all the standard weapons will be in halo 2 (at least the pistol and the machine gun) +a new covenant rocket launcher

but there's oh so much more than just new vehicles and new weapons that are going to be in halo 2:

-dual weapon combos (hold two weapons at once--i'm sure this will have certain restrictions to make it plausable)

only 1-handed weapons can be held double ie: pistol, plasma pistol, smg (not rifles, machine guns or rocket launchers)

-melee attack combo's (oh man this is going to be awsome)
-INCREDIBLE graphics, including MUCH more extensive use of bump-mapped textures, as well as incredible dynamic lighting, self-shadowing, and more extensive animation libraries. the dynamic lighting engine should make it possible for you to hide yourself in shadows.
-fully destructable environments
-at least one level with low gravity (more extensive speculation on this is all over the place, but NONE of it has been confirmed).
-possibly POSSIBLY (has not been confirmed or as far as i know even commented on by bungie) variable-timer grenades
-sprinting, as well as peeking around corners and over balconies
-at least two new covenant races: the Brutes and the Prophets

prophets look pretty scary and the brutes are down-right brutish, lol

-and (the one i personally am most eagerly anticipating) MUCH better combat AI. both your marines and the covenant will be much smarter. gone will be the days of lone marines running into an open room with covenant all around them on legendary. gone will be the days of marines jumping directly into the path of your gunfire. both marines and covenant will now be much more group-oriented, as well as individually versatile. they will create formations, climb walls, and (YES!!) marines will now be fully capable of piloting the warthog, leaving you free to take the gunners position.
-i'm sure there are more i'm leaving out

just the new marines will be great, theyll hitch a ride to battle, drive the vehicles, and even provide covering fire!

all in all, it's going to be the best game ever. and anyone who says otherwise can suck this lang. <--my thoughts 'zactly

Heard rumors that Bungie was going to suprise everyone and put it out around Christmas. Don't get excited though, I really doubt there is much truth behind that. I'm pretty sure it's February 04 though.

dont hold your breath as christmas is 3 days away, lol

and btw WhatTheDilly-O i watched my halo2 trailer on my xbox again this weekend, and he does a melee attack combo, and there is a warthog with the gatling gun on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom