Halo 3 - 4 Player co-op, 360 moving to 45nm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
So you were probably wondering why we didn't want to commit to two player co-op online over Xbox Live. We certainly got plenty of mail asking, no, demanding that we make it happen. Of course we were working on it, but we were also working on something better. Not two player co-op. Not three-player co-op, but up to four player co-op. Online. On Xbox Live, or sure, System Link if you prefer.

That is correct – up to four player co-op in Campaign mode on Xbox Live or System Link.

Source

That's why this latest rumor about a 45nm CPU transition makes a lot of sense. Especially since they have been footing the bill for overheat repairs and swallowed over $1 Billion for the warranty boost, using even small silicon could only benefit them.

Source

finally! they are making some huge improvements to the heat issue! but was the major overheating part the CPUs or the GPU?

That and when I read about that 4 played online co-op a couple of days ago, freaking ****, i nearly crapped myself, ahha, it is going to be awesome. Just wondering what the pings will be like if you choose to play with people who live in the same city as you. Should be fine, cause with halo2, me as an aussie on 512k at the time, was around 2 or 3 bars out of 5 bars, 5 being the worst, when the americans were always 1 or 2. Then again, I am on 10 meg fibre now so that will eliminate the problem probs. That and the games are like... hosted on one of the player's xbox's aint it and just sourced through XBL? I never got how that system worked, but who cares, still great, haha

I'm sure you can play it offline. I don't see why they wouldn't let you play co-op offline. Halo 2 does it, so why not Halo 3.

u can play it offline, its just the same as Halo 2, u can play a bunch of ppl who are using ur xbox in campaign or multiplayer, just that u can't play online since u don't have xbox live

as is there are a very small amount of games that can play split screen. as the system will now have to process images for both players, and make ai, and phisics calculations at the same time, very stressfull on the system. I only think they will have vs on one console and coop over xbox live

You can have 2 player coop on a single console via split-screen, up to 4 over LIVE or SL.

Online coop should have been implemented in Halo 2, blame M$ for rushing Bungie, as they said, networking isn't as easy as some people think it is.

yes it is! with my network i just plugged in my computers and everything was dandy! I should be hired to network for those noobs. surely it is just that easy.

hopefully the campaign for halo 3 is A LOT better than halo 2 (no more playing as the arbiter X_X). I'm really hoping there's not going to be some crappy ending to this one, like there was to halo 2. Online is going to pwn though. ^_^ from what i've seen from playing the beta, the multiplayer aspect of this game will be better than halo 2, but that just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom