GTA IV: First impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
so after I have played it a little more and gotten into it I do like it better now. Just wish the cars took off a little faster, and controlled a little better... guess I'll get use to it though lol.

Yep, they are just trying to get a more realistic feel rather than the 90 degree turn at 100mph unrealistic type stuff that can be done in games like Need For Speed.

Its alright so far, except for the controls, the cars are way to sluggish taking off, and they corner horribly, seems like they never have any traction. Also whats up with the camera? it seems to be slightly to the left? or is that just me? and I really haven't heard any music I really care for all that much. I had really high hopes for this game... but so far its just average nothing that really seemed to jump out at me.

Bah, it's like REAL LIFE. The same would happen if you turned a corner at that speed in real life.. okay, the tyres (tires for you americans) maybe arn't all as grippy as they should be. But if you get some of the faster cars, like DB7 lookalike, Ferarri lookalikes etc.. they go VERY VERY fast quickly. I find it hilarious to jump out at high speed :)

only a few gripes for me. I hate the whole girlfriend/internet thing. Seems forced and un-needed. If I wanted to do dating and a REAL sim, I'd do the Sims. GTA doesnt need dating or crap like that.

I just picked up my copy, played for about 40 minutes. Your movements out of vehicle are a little hard getting used to coming from GTA: SA. But the whole enviorment is stunning, I really like the lighting and shadow effects. Sounds are improved and the shooting system makes it 100X more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom