GTA IV: First impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocsvan

Web Programmer
So today is the big day and GTA IV is now on shop shelves and all the lucky people with a credit card should be getting theirs in the post (Except for Oreo).

Whats everyones first impression? Whats good? Whats bad?

Personally i think the graphics a little flakey when it comes to Anti-aliasing, but that might only be because im playing with VGA. It's also way harder dodging police than before, but thats a good thing :D.

Ive only played for a few hours, but the missions are so immersive and storyline is so good, its hard to tell when one mission ends and a new one starts. I think Nikko is a far better character to relate to than any of the other characters.

What are peoples thoughts?

Is it just me, or does the games graphics look really really old...Every preview i have seen of the game makes me think all they did was write a new story and use the old gta3 engine.

I have it... Have been playing nonstop, and I'm about 20% progress already...

I have a few gripes though... There is no garage for saving cars? As far as I know. Maybe this will be implemented later in the game...

Also, some non-key locations are not given to you... You have to find places, and THEN they are placed on the map... I have yet to find a car dealership, although I'm pretty sure there are supposed to be ones in the game.

I think the car physics are very realistic... You can't take turns going at breakneck speed. Even using the handbrake will just send you into an uncontrollable spin where you end up sideswiping pedestrians on the side of the road. Even the transmission... It takes you a long time to reach top speed in most cars. Much more realistic than say... Saints Row.

I agree, the graphics aren't the BEST. But you have to consider, the 360 can only process so much at once. Considering the environment, and the lack of loading times (minus the missions). The graphics are still on par with games similar to this though.

I do have it :D

First impressions, very very satisfied. The first 10 or 20 minutes.. i was like, uhm.. it's not really that good. But it was just because i was really stuggling to get used to the controls, and now i have. I love it.

I just want to get to the next island to get a helicopter :)

Its alright so far, except for the controls, the cars are way to sluggish taking off, and they corner horribly, seems like they never have any traction. Also whats up with the camera? it seems to be slightly to the left? or is that just me? and I really haven't heard any music I really care for all that much. I had really high hopes for this game... but so far its just average nothing that really seemed to jump out at me.

i just have to say they really messed up for the 360 version the graphics suck compared to ps3

i was playing both of them on my tv cuz my friiend brought over his xbox and i got my ps3 and ps3 looks alot more crisp

sorry microsoft you suck once again

stick with halo its all you got

What's your TV? I have both versions and from what I can tell they are identical, with some parts looking better on the Xbox 360. Also, what interface you using? HDMI, Component, RCA? Don't bash what you don't fully understand. Plus, I guarantee you that once the numbers come out, the Xbox 360 version of the game will have sold many more copies.

Is it just me, or does the games graphics look really really old...Every preview i have seen of the game makes me think all they did was write a new story and use the old gta3 engine.

Do you remember the GTA3 graphics? They were very cartoonish, solid colored buildings, no reflections. I think compared to GTA3 this game is 300% improvement. Yeah it's not Gears of War by any means, but it's good enough for the type of game it is.

I try to remember GTA3, but my ps2 ate it. I remember vice city well though. I guess demos on TV dont do it justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom