getting xbox 360 Kinect (yes/no) vs. something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry K

Fully Optimized
hey there,
my son's Bday is coming and he has been wanting the xbox 360 w/ kinect.
so thinking... so instead of party we get him 360 kinect (he is good with that) :)

anyway, we have had the wii for long time (whole family plays it from time to time). when he gets on a kick, will play a few times a week, but its also sat for a month and not been played.

we don't have shoot'em, kill'em, fight'em games and will not be getting those types.
he likes all the sports and action type games.

so started doing research on if the kinect is good idea or wait for the wii 2 to come out? I see the games are compatible (so don't loose any).

the Xbox Live thing, is that good? I saw the gold family membership is like $60 a year? what does it offer that is so good? is it worth it?

games -- really don't like/want to pay good money for a game that is not played
- son will play itouch game a ton of hours and its free or only cost $1.

question, so kinect doesn't have a controller... can 4 people play at once?

anyway, looking for you thoughts/opinions and any reviews on the "xbox 360 with kinect and doing xbox live"
vs. the wii

like offering pros/cons

THANKS!!!!!!!
I very much appreciate your time :)

Well Kinect is neat and innovative, that said to play with 4 people you need a "very" large room. Gold membership allows you to play online and talk with others. It also allows if you have netflix or Hulu+ to stream instant. There are other gold benefits, but mostly just gives you online capability. I have personally only played with kinect very little, but it is promising to have many more games out by the holidays, but when the new wears off, it may be another $300 brick. I haven't played my 360 in months. That said I am in college and don't have much time to play games over sleeping. I know a lot of my friends with young families absolutely love it and now have a wii paper weight.

+1 to bpm55, the kinect is nice and there should be more games later on but right now there isn't much that i know of.
But people who played it love it a lot and I too have friends that no longer play wii anymore.
I haven't looked into the wii 2 so dont take this post as a downer for the wii 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom