Get an xbox 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextrzaska

In Runtime
ok im thinking of getting an xbox 360, i don't know if i should get a pro or core, but the main question is what are my chances of me getting an xbox 360 that locks up or red ring of fire or any other problem, and no im not buying a used one, so what do guys think?, and how long does it take for the xbox to over heat?

Not entirely sure about the overheat thing, thought that was only early models, but over 30% of the Xbox 360's fail shortly after leaving the factory according to some new poll that I saw on G4 this past week.

The failure rate of the 360 is downright awful. I had to take two of them back before I got one that worked relatively fine during prolonged gaming.
The thing is, if you want one you might as well just get one because these problems do not seem to be getting fixed and even in the semi-near future there is no plan to fix them. You would probably have to wait for the hardware process revisions, and only God knows when that will happen.

If I may ask, why are you considering getting a 360?

Get one if u like the range of Xbox games. All you need to do is treat ur xbox with respect and give it lots of room to prevent overheating.

heating prob was said because first time you turn your xbox on you play it over like 2 hours so compond does not get time to set

That's exactly how I love playing games - starting and stopping to make sure the hardware which should be working in the first place doesn't break. Excuse my sarcasm hah.

i've had a 360 since launch it has never over heated. If you are worried about over heating get an intercooler for 30 $ more, + atm 360 has much better games than the ps3.

i've had a 360 since launch it has never over heated. If you are worried about over heating get an intercooler for 30 $ more, + atm 360 has much better games than the ps3.

I've had mine since launch too and have had no problems. But, whatever you do DON'T GET AN INTERCOOLER!!! They have some problems where they melt/burn the case and power supply plug. They are more risk than they are worth.

Honestly, I don't see an intercooler as being an acceptable solution to the problem (even though in most cases they don't even fix the problem but instead make it worse). The system itself needs to be fixed, it's been too long already. All systems have initial problems, but we are working on two years here microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom