Gears of War!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually that's your opinion. Just as I stated mine.

I also think it's a "good" game. But not a great game. The single player replay value is low. I know that I only wanted to play through each difficulty level once. It didn't really draw me back to it once I was done.

The cover system is not anything new or next-gen. It's been done before. The weapons are weak and sound horrific. Not to me mention there are hardly any weapons in the game. THat's a huge drawback for me.

Great graphics: yes.
Nex-gen: not hardly.

How are the graphics? It uses the UT2k7 engine. :)

I'm not big on 3rd person games, but I may just have to play this. :)

Oh, and I didn't feel like making a new thread for this, because its so short and easily answered:

Just how good are Xbox360 graphics?

Okay, Xbox360 @ 1920x1080P via HDMI on my TV.

AA/AF? What kind of frame rates can I expect?

as far as AA /AF frame rates will NOT drop because the conversion is done via a 10MB on die chip. It handles all upscaling to 1080p as well as AA upto 4x. Frees up the GPU and CPU. Pretty awesome.

killians45 said:
as far as AA /AF frame rates will NOT drop because the conversion is done via a 10MB on die chip. It handles all upscaling to 1080p as well as AA upto 4x. Frees up the GPU and CPU. Pretty awesome.

Upscaling? I don't want upscaling, I want 1080p native @ 4x AA, no need for upscaling. Or is that not what you mean?

It upscales if the game does not support, however it is capable of display in 1080p native. I have the feeling that what ms has done is added a whole butt load of extras in the console that we didn't think it supported just to put a thorn in the competitors side when they try to bring it up. The firmware just unlocks it.

I played it and campaign was way too short. Took us only 4 hours to beat which is pretty sad. Playing online only mad me feel like I was playing a horrible version of Counter-Strike:Source.

Oh, you HAVE to play at insane! That is fun as ****! I never play games in easy mode. Way to easy, start at the hardest diffuculty.

Totally agree with the bad press. Too linear, too similiar, not enough guns, not enough puzzles. Great graphics though but next gen it certainly wasn't. Everything was too static and contrived.
Great for online if your into that but spending hours on shooters ain't my ting.
we're still waiting for the first truly next gen game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom