Flashing 360 Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolv

AKA , gt7sanremo
Has anyone ever flashed the 360's firmware using the Xecuter Blaster360? It seems legit and easy to use. I'm thinking about trying it out to um... back up my own games of course.

Despite the obvious illegality of flashing your 360, I'm not too sure it's a good idea. For one, if you use any sort of mods on XBL, you get banned (XBL is a big part of the Xbox for me, don't want to lose it). Two, the 360 hasn't been hacked for homebrew yet. Firmware hacks usually come after homebrew is up and running, and without it, hacks usually aren't implemented very well. Three, I'm not even sure you can flash the actual 360's firmware without desoldering the chip and flashing it out of the console, then resoldering the chip back in (flashing the DVD-ROM is different, you use an SATA PC for that). As for DVD-ROM drive hacks, I was going to attempt it once but still, it can get you kicked from Live, so I decided not to. I'd say no for flashing the 360 for now.

Thanks for the input. The thing I mentioned in my first post is called the Blaster360. It is pretty much external and is installed near the 360's hard drive. Seems a little risky and does involve use of the SATA PC method. Using this doesn't require any soldering. But it would suck if I get kicked off from Xbox Live.

Here's a link to see what it is:
<SNipped>

We do not promote Console Modsof this kind. They can be used for purposes other than those intended just like a emulator and Tech-Forums has taken a stance against such actions.

Topics Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom