Fiber optic Audio mystery...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrusthegod

Baseband Member
Hopefully I'm in the right forum... I recently purchased an $80 monster audio fiber optic cable. I plugged it into my reciever and the other end to my xbox360. I heard the snap on both ends so I know its in there right. I have my reciever set to optical. Everything sounds Amazing! One problem... during dvds once a great while but in games more often, the audio will sometimes cut out for a couple seconds, then resume. I called monster cable and they said to try it in something different, so I unplugged it from my 360 and put it in my ps2 and played a dvd on that. I watched the same dvd I put in the 360 for about a half hour and it never cut out. So now im like XD wtf!! Any ideas people? Is it because that I'm playing halo2 online and it has all that realtime audio to transmit instead of it being like a campain(sp?)? But if that was the case why would it cut out during a dvd movie? I bought this cable and am lovin the sound quality!!! I just dont think that an 80 dollar cable should do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom