Facebook Comes To The Xbox And PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Facebook Comes To The Xbox And PS3

The popular social networking website Facebook, has now teamed up with Xbox and Playstation to bring Facebook to your game console. Now you can let all your friends know what games your playing and what awards you've earned etc..

I can see this working. Like I am currently playng Champions Online on PC. CO has the /socialmedia command that can link your character's progress/achievements on Facebook and various other social networking sites.

I would be fun to see other games do the same thing. Like this is on my facebook account last night from my session of Champions Online. And it would be cool to see this happening with other games as you unlock achievements. (see attached image)

However I wonder that is going to be the fate of Facebook or Microsoft's [Social Networking Site. Forgot Name]. Like could this be an early sign that MS might buy out facebook?

Attachments

• FBCO.jpg
    FBCO.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 60
Ehhh.. not sure if I want this. Though I know a lot users are fond of Facebook and they will use it constantly. I can see it becoming a very popular feature, good for XBL.

Won't personally use this myself. But then again, I'm not a fond of social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, LJ etc.

So that means people would be updating FaceBook similar to how it works with APPS like Mafia Wars? Everytime some one robs a building ect ect their status gets updated and spams all their friends.

In a way I find it's a good thing as it will bring players of XYZ Game together on Facebook. My Champions Online Super Group toying with the idea of having a facebook page so that there is a some out of game contact with other players.

So that means people would be updating FaceBook similar to how it works with APPS like Mafia Wars? Everytime some one robs a building ect ect their status gets updated and spams all their friends.

Not really. For example, my facebook page just tells every one that I reached level XX in champions online. It's not like it's mafia wars where the player is there asking other friends for assistance or spamming out gifts or invites.
Orginally i make the mistake of getting the Champions Online Facebook apps thinking it was some thing to do with the actual MMORPG. In the end, it was nothing more than a recruitment game just to have the largest super group. I was getting random friend invites constantly and some of these guys where going through my friends and my friends of friend FB page. So I put an quick end to that one.

All it's really don't is just putting an progress update on where you are on a particulare game. Like I got one of my friends where I am seeing him progress on some car game that he's playing on his PS3.

^ Hopefully that's not the case or I will be deleting every single friend who does it :D

The main problem is all these face book game requests. These are totally different as they are a recruiting too.
Normally with my friend, if I don't know them in real life, i normally give them one warning before hitting delete button. When it comes to face book, I reather use it for the social networking side of things. If I am going to waste my time playing a game, I would rather be playing Champions Online.

Attached to this post is all i see on what my friend see.
One of them is my progress on champions online.
Other other a friend of mine's progress on some game he is playing on his Playstation 3.
At it does is automatically changes your status and your friends can comment or like the it. That is about it. It's not like other facebook games where it encourages other FB users to sign up other FB users and spam the crap out of FB Pages.
The only bad thing is that i got to watch out on what lies I use with my friends when I rather be at home playing computer games appose to going out drinking on saturday night.

Attachments

• CO_FB.jpg
    CO_FB.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 38
  • PlaystationNetwork.jpg
    PlaystationNetwork.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom