error code 74

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
soo i got my xbox and was playing it for awhile when allof the sudden my game starts to get all fuzzy kind of like static..anyways it turns out that it says its an error code 74. Is this a bad one or is it fixable?
I tried to make sure all the cables were plugge din correctly and snuggly..
This seems like a cable issue or GPU.. and I hope its a cable issue.

Unless you have warranty on the box yet, you'll be paying MS their standard fee to fix what was already broken.

So it is not an A/V cabel issue?
If it was an A/V cable issue could i just switch to HDMI and if so will any HDMi cable work or does it have to be Microsofts.

Any HDMI cable would work. Although, I know this is a refurbished 360, so I would see about using the warranty or return policy on it. I really am strongly against getting refurb 360s unless they have good warranties, but even then it can be a hassle if the refurb is a bad one.

sad day =/
I think I am going to try and unplug the AV and re plug it in..maybe wiping it off. if that fails I am RMAing it back and I might not get another one. I am just not sure about spending that much on something so glitchie.

Thansk for all the replies.

You just gotta buy new rather than "refurbished". Especially with things like consoles, you never know what you are gonna get. When you buy new, you have a great warranty, a perfect good product, etc. The new 360s will likely never fail as they have made many revisions and even the Falcons (revision before this one) only have like a 4% failure rate which is almost at the accepted normal value.

yea, I should of listened. But its ok!
I called the place I ordered it from and told them how disatisfied I was with the product and I am getting a full refund of the xbox and warranty.
I think I am going to buy the pro system new from dell. They are having a deal right now where it is 15% off. So the pro system is only like 255 is that a good deal or can I do better somewhere else?

yea, I should of listened. But its ok!
I called the place I ordered it from and told them how disatisfied I was with the product and I am getting a full refund of the xbox and warranty.
I think I am going to buy the pro system new from dell. They are having a deal right now where it is 15% off. So the pro system is only like 255 is that a good deal or can I do better somewhere else?

That is the best retail deal. Although, you don't have to get it from Dell. Print the Dell ad, then go to Best Buy or some place that price matches :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom