E3 2008 for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaronkupen, you have your opinion of shooters. It is yours, you are entitled to it, but you do not need to force it on the world. Just because you have such distaste for recent games, does not mean everyone does. Obviously people, MANY MANY people, like the games out or we wouldn't be selling the most games in history.

Seriously, every argument you make has an equal argument from another side, so please do not dismiss the valid arguments of others just because you have the need to be right absolutely every single time.

once again CONSOLES DO NOT PRODUCE CRAPPY GAMES!!!!!!!!

Video Game makers make crappy games you think if we had ten different systems out we wouldnt have ****** games like bulletwitch and earthdefense?

Again, you are taking one subset of what I'm saying, twisting it, and tryin to refute my whole point. Console makers, own developers, which produce the crappy games. Not all are owned... but again whats to say more wont just be bought out if a console monopoly is had.

And again, we are talking about quantiy of these crappy games. With 10 different systems, I'm sure there would be a far less of the crappy generic shooters due to each console trying to distinguish themselves in some way.

Aaronkupen, you have your opinion of shooters. It is yours, you are entitled to it, but you do not need to force it on the world. Just because you have such distaste for recent games, does not mean everyone does. Obviously people, MANY MANY people, like the games out or we wouldn't be selling the most games in history.

Seriously, every argument you make has an equal argument from another side, so please do not dismiss the valid arguments of others just because you have the need to be right absolutely every single time.

I'm sorry, but again it seems like every time I make an argument that goes against the norm in here... I'm subtly told to stop making my point and move on because someone probably has a different opinion. And you are right, I'm obviously in the minority due to the massive success of the 360 and games like Halo. But it doesn't make logic any less right and my posts less necessary.

Also, I don't see why more people aren't siding with my philosophy. I'm encouraging the crappy games to continue coming out. I want that and I think the market needs it -- it also demands it and only it sadly. But I'm saying is it is at the point where it is overshadowing completely everything else.

Furthermore, after some thought I find it absurd that you even said that statement. Essentially you are trying to get the minority to stop voicing their opinion? How does this make sense... shouldn't it be the other way around? Shouldn't someone be telling the people I'm arguing against to respect MY opinion? Just some food for thought...

Again, you are taking one subset of what I'm saying, twisting it, and tryin to refute my whole point. Console makers, own developers, which produce the crappy games. Not all are owned... but again whats to say more wont just be bought out if a console monopoly is had.

And again, we are talking about quantiy of these crappy games. With 10 different systems, I'm sure there would be a far less of the crappy generic shooters due to each console trying to distinguish themselves in some way.

Very few developers are owned by console makers, also microsoft can go out and buy epic games right now but do you htink they are going to fire cliffy b and all them?...no so game developers will still have the say in the games like they always have

Very few developers are owned by console makers, also microsoft can go out and buy epic games right now but do you htink they are going to fire cliffy b and all them?...no so game developers will still have the say in the games like they always have

You don't think that would change when there's no opposing voice to react to something like that? Also, it doesn't matter if the same staff is there or not, they obviously have to be accountable to the owner. And again, thanks for continuing to avoid the root of the argument by making me look wrong by twisting a very specific subset of my overall argument.

And to surgevei.... I think it's no surprise that I find shooters generally distasteful... but my problem would be the same if it was JRPGS or even artsy games that I tend to love. The gaming market being completely flooded by only one type of genre is bad.

how am i avoiding the root of your argument, arguments have to have points to argue, if you disprove the points thats disproving the argument

how am i avoiding the root of your argument, arguments have to have points to argue, if you disprove the points thats disproving the argument

Again, you're trying to nit pick at how many developers console owners actually own right now, and you're completely ignoring the philosophy of the argument and the consequences. Also more developers are owned by console makers than you think. Just cause it doesnt say made by SONY or MS doesn't mean the studio wasn't owned by them. And you are trying to disprove my whole argument while badly attempting to find some flaw of logic in a subtopic of a subtopic.

it no way have i tried to ignore your main argument but i broke it down into subcatagories that all go against your main argument

Aaronkupen, you are right, people also should be open minded and see your side of the argument as well. I didn't mean to seem like I was telling everyone to ignore your opinion. I was only pointing out that some of your earlier arguments could come off as "flaming."

I don't mind your arguments as I see the truth in all of them, but like any argument, there will always be points for either side and many varying opinions. Your rationale for hating one game type, such as FPS, is very true, and probably more of a reason why I end up enjoying RPG's more than FPS's when the good RPG does manage to be released.

The whole debate going on here is the perfect analogy for the gaming industry...aarokupen arguing for the diversity of games-- the "minority"-- and everyone else arguing for the same stuff that keeps getting released, not because the industry wants it to, but because it's the **** most gamers are purchasing...after all, it's just another business.

When the gaming industry was not as "mainstream" (as it has become with the past generation), and a bit more esoteric, there was still some place for the radically different "games" that artists like Fumito Ueda released on the PS2. The more mainstream and unilateral the industry gets, the more gray can be seen between the choices in game titles between consoles. So how can one console solve this issue?

A company like EA can be seen making millions (not on their own of course -- but by the support of those majority of inane gamers that for some reason enjoy getting the same **** every year) on just their sports titles they've perpetually released since the days of SEGA Genesis, and a Clover Studio (responsible for making a game refreshing and original -- Okami) is closed down for lack of funding.

Regardless, this same attitude is seen on the gaming industry (now that it's becoming more mainstream) as much as it is seen in the music and film industry...the mainstream rules the market, the real question though is whether gamers want to keep this perpetual cycle of mediocre games, or want new, innovative, and refreshing titles in their respective consoles that represent their particular interests and fanbase...which will be impossible to attain if just one console were to be made "mainstream."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom