E3 2008 for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
its how it is, just like ps3 fans would cream themselves if halo went to the ps3

im not a fan of the FF series but im glad they decided to come to the 360, just one step closer to total domination for MS

2 things: I really don't think PS3 owners would care at all if Halo went to PS3. Personally I would buy a wii out of spite if that happened. PS3 owners generally aren't PS3 owners because they like crappy, generic first person shooters.

Second, how can you even pretend like you would want one console completely dominating the market? That's one of the worst things that can happen to the industry even though it seems like it is on the way.

Eh, Halo is a pretty good franchise. The first game was by far the greatest. It was more than just a generic FPS because it originally had a great story. The next two finishers, granted, were not as good, but until Call of Duty 4 came out, no other game had better online play, and Halo still dominates the console lan party scene. Halo is by no means a crappy, generic FPS. If you wanted one of those, there is Resistance.

I agree that PS3 owners wouldn't care, because so many PS3 owners are Sony believers and have their own games they love. The reason so many 360 owners care when Sony exclusives come their way is that many 360 owners used to BE Sony lovers, but were turned away in this latest generation war by the lack of good gaming titles and high price tag.

Also, obviously one console dominating the market would be bad, but it would actually bring MUCH more benefit if all there was, was ONE console. It would mean that the hardware could be more refined, games would be vastly improved because they would only need developed on one system and optimized for one set of hardware. So long as the prices of this system and its games does not sky rocket, things would be much better. And the price would not sky rocket, or there would be mass boycotting and the price would drop faster than lightspeed.

Eh, Halo is a pretty good franchise. The first game was by far the greatest. It was more than just a generic FPS because it originally had a great story. The next two finishers, granted, were not as good, but until Call of Duty 4 came out, no other game had better online play, and Halo still dominates the console lan party scene. Halo is by no means a crappy, generic FPS. If you wanted one of those, there is Resistance.

I agree that PS3 owners wouldn't care, because so many PS3 owners are Sony believers and have their own games they love. The reason so many 360 owners care when Sony exclusives come their way is that many 360 owners used to BE Sony lovers, but were turned away in this latest generation war by the lack of good gaming titles and high price tag.

Also, obviously one console dominating the market would be bad, but it would actually bring MUCH more benefit if all there was, was ONE console. It would mean that the hardware could be more refined, games would be vastly improved because they would only need developed on one system and optimized for one set of hardware. So long as the prices of this system and its games does not sky rocket, things would be much better. And the price would not sky rocket, or there would be mass boycotting and the price would drop faster than lightspeed.

First paragraph is all debatable, I think halo's potential for a story was great but the story in all three games ended up being a very shallow, predictable, and ... just flat out lame and generic.

Second paragraph I agree, but there's no need to bash the franchises that they are now praising in order to suit fanboy needs.

Third paragraph, I don't even want to get into the debate. It's a "monopoly debate" and we can go on for hours. I just simply disagree. More of a balance between two or more similarly suited consoles would ultimately bring better games. BTW... what in God's name do you think exclusive's are.... an optimized piece of software for a specific gaming machine.

2 things: I really don't think PS3 owners would care at all if Halo went to PS3. Personally I would buy a wii out of spite if that happened. PS3 owners generally aren't PS3 owners because they like crappy, generic first person shooters.

Second, how can you even pretend like you would want one console completely dominating the market? That's one of the worst things that can happen to the industry even though it seems like it is on the way.

1) and yet i have to hear about Killzone 2 since the PS3 first came out, you cant tell me sony fanboys wouldnt love to play halo on the PS3 maybe you dont like the series but im sure there are more then enough ps3 owners that would love it. Just like i dont like the final fantasy series and i could care less if it was to stay a sony exclusive but im not about to say that its not a huge deal that its coming to the 360
2) how can i pretend....just like that lol and i dont think one company dominating the console side of things would be all that bad

1) and yet i have to hear about Killzone 2 since the PS3 first came out, you cant tell me sony fanboys wouldnt love to play halo on the PS3 maybe you dont like the series but im sure there are more then enough ps3 owners that would love it. Just like i dont like the final fantasy series and i could care less if it was to stay a sony exclusive but im not about to say that its not a huge deal that its coming to the 360
2) how can i pretend....just like that lol and i dont think one company dominating the console side of things would be all that bad

No I don't. I'm sure the PS3 owners, if they wanted to play the GODLY GAME HALO, as much as you say they do would have already played it on PC or a 360 -- not like there's a difference between the two anymore.

About 2)... there's nothing to say except that you are wrong. Any one thing dominating a free market, especially when it comes to this kind of thing -- with art... would make it even worse than it is today. Nothing except MORE mindless shooters with no soul. But hey, the people on this forum are generally the ones that keep supporting this crappy nature so I'm not surprised that you are all for a one sided industry.

^ what does having only one console have to do with bland shooters coming out???
there can be 10 different consoles and we are still going to get just as many crappy games as if there was only one or two

^ what does having only one console have to do with bland shooters coming out???
there can be 10 different consoles and we are still going to get just as many crappy games as if there was only one or two

This is why I pity you... that was just a device I used. Let's put it this way.
If there's only one console, it will be worse than it what it is today. You have one type of game... we'll call it type x. X is a variable that can stand for anything.. hey its like Algebra?!

We have x, and people keep buying it. Because people keep buying x, that one company sees no need to make anything other than X. X keeps coming out more and more, and eventually that's all we have to play for years until companies start to steer away from it on the look out for another X. We will call that Y.

Honestly, if this happens, all the generic stuff that has been put out today will get even worse... since the generic stuff both sony and MS is putting out will not be trying to compete with each other anymore. It will even be more bland and less inspired.

EDIT: Enjoy your probable Halo 4 announcement tomorrow.

I disagree even if you dont have console wars you will still have the game makers war of making the best game. there will still be competition for game makers to make a unique game so they can distinguish themselves from other game makers. you make it sound like Microsoft and Sony are personally putting out all the crap games out (both companies have put out some crappy games dont get me wrong but they arent the only ones or the majority)

Say we have only one console, game developers will be able to put all their focus on that consoles hardware and spend alot of their time optimizing it for that system, which will result in better designed games

I disagree even if you dont have console wars you will still have the game makers war of making the best game. there will still be competition for game makers to make a unique game so they can distinguish themselves from other game makers. you make it sound like Microsoft and Sony are personally putting out all the crap games out (both companies have put out some crappy games dont get me wrong but they arent the only ones or the majority)

Say we have only one console, game developers will be able to put all their focus on that consoles hardware and spend alot of their time optimizing it for that system, which will result in better designed games

Okay... your logic is extremely flawed in the sense that we already have two companies with consoles producing the same generic crap. With one console, the problem ultimately will get worse, and needless to say the 360 console that attracts more gamers who have a fixation over mindless, generic, shooters with no redeeming qualities.

Furthermore, with only one console... whats to prevent a company like microsoft from buying out even more developers and essentially controlling the majority of the entire industry.

Okay... your logic is extremely flawed in the sense that we already have two companies with consoles producing the same generic crap. With one console, the problem ultimately will get worse, and needless to say the 360 console that attracts more gamers who have a fixation over mindless, generic, shooters with no redeeming qualities.

once again CONSOLES DO NOT PRODUCE CRAPPY GAMES!!!!!!!!

Video Game makers make crappy games you think if we had ten different systems out we wouldnt have ****** games like bulletwitch and earthdefense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom