dvd black screen on xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

chairzard4

Baseband Member
right well i was watching a dvd on my xbox i paused it for about 5 mins and it went to a completly black screen and i could press home button it would show up but then i press on the home play dvd it worked but now when i test it and leave it for 15 mins it dosent do it and i dont want to have to change laser for the 5th time i dont know whats done this it hasnt ever done it before

please help

marcus.

Instead of using your XBOX as a DVD player you should spend $40 at Walmart and get one of their cheap DVD Players. This way you dont have to replace the laser from over using it to much.

The laser shouldn't burn out just from playing DVD's, it is designed to play DVD's (and the games are on DVD as well, some games are pretty much in constant use which runs the laser as well). I would say you have a bigger issue with your drive if it burned out 5 lasers already. Perhaps there is a setting to adjust the laser power that you could lower or maybe it's time to get a new drive altogether (though you have to modify the drive firmware to work with your console).

Over use of the laser can cause this. I have had several DVD Player take a dump on me cause all they did was get used non stop for 18+ hours a day 7 days a week. They are not made for that kind of use. Just like the laser's in the XBOX are not made for that kind of use. So instead of using the XBOX for not only constant gaming but add into that constant DVD playback can easily cause the laser to burn out quickly. Not only has it happened with at least 5 different DVD Players but at least 3 different PS2's as well. So it does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom