Do you think reports of Dead 360s are exagerated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichiyoYoshiku

In Runtime
I can understand Launch units being hosed. Rushed to meet demand and what not I'm shocked nobody is complaining about their ps3s dying (then again who has a ps3?)

My 360 had problems with Rumble roses but it was with the game and not my 360. Doom freezed on me once too. I got the 3 red lights once becuase I didn't have it hooked up properly.

My system runs rather cool and using my 360 is pure bliss.

Who else is having no issues at all with their 360?

I think people hate Microsoft that they'll latch on to any story and exaggerate it. Just to try to bring down Microsoft "The big bad evil Capitolist empire bringing everybody down and eating our souls though OSes and defective game consoles"

just wanted to know what you all think since this is a tech forum and not a uber bias my system is better than yours place.

My 360 crashs on burnout on campaign,

Shows green blotchs playing gears of war

Havnt bought any other games as whats the point :)

On good side Halo 2 seems work :)

My 360 gave me a 3 red light before, with no warranty I got really nervous but hasen't done to me since. Sometimes I need to re-install the CD to the drive because rarely it cannot read a CD, take it out, put it back in and works fine.

Its locked up on me a few times online, people tell me its the internet lost connection and the whole XBOX just stops. Odd, as it still runs with the green lights and all.

Besides that, nothing to complain about. It's been used for at least 2 hours a day for the past 3 months. The 3 red light though, should I be nervous about this? Would it truly mean theres an internal problem?

I actually had to return mine twice before I got a system that played to my standards. I have never experienced a console do this before, and I got my ps2 on the first day it came out with no problems. I have also played on some friends PS3's with no problems. I don't really think it is just bad luck, cause this has happened to many people and I have actually heard of people returning it up to half a dozen times.

My 360 did give me disc read errors but there were very minor dings on the discs so It's very picky about what it reads but with new disc drives that should be ok.

If you are having 360 issues tell me, what's the Manufacture date on the back of the console?

My 360 is covered for 3 years and my Original XBOX is still under it's service contract.

Ive seen 360s just freeze before, i know theres a certain point in the Halo 2 campaign where the game system just freezes. And ive personally seen them run really hot and overheat before

if anything, the reports are probably accurate, but the number is probably exageratted. the same guy reporting the same problem is probably talked about by everyone with no one realizing its the same guy, at the same time, its equally as likely that the number may be under-reported, not everyone with a problem complains about it after all

well it's not like the 360 is the only Console with issues,

My DS even froze while I was playing Brain age (but I think that game hates me)

My dreamcast died

The PS2......well everybody knows that story.

PS1s can over heat

and Lets not for the the rate of dead NESES that need to be repaired or just replaced with a clone.

It is true that all consoles have problems, but Nintendo might be somewhat of an exception but that is not the point right now. I can't blame the 360 or ps3 or ps2 for having issues at launch, but I purchased my 360's a year after it's launch and I experienced these horriblly made 360's. That is when I started to blame Microsoft for these quality issues.

I actually ended up selling my 360, technically my third one, to a friend a few weeks ago because all in all I was thoroughly unimpressed with the whole 360 package. I'd also like to say that I am also unimpressed with the wii and PS3 for different reasons, this is a sad generation for me. *sigh.

They are true. I have an xbox 360 and so do a couple of my buddies. Mine broke down and like everyone else got the 3 red lights. I tried the towel trick I found on the web and it actually worked. i was quite amazed. lol. after awhile it stopped working permanently, so i called xbox they sent me a box and i sent it bak with my dead xbox. got it back the next week was suprisingly fast. my friends is begginning to mess up now and he just bought it 2 months ago.

I've had my 360 since Christmas 06 and it has worked fine, though, i havent played it much since i beat Gears on it in 2 days (*sigh* short campaign, great game).

I'm going to get Armored Core 4 here soon possibly, i loved the AC series on the PS2 (especially AC3), plus, i'm waiting on some games to come down in price such as Lost Planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom