Dance Dance Revolution Universe for 360, which universe should I pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I am thinking about spending money this holiday for the Arcade Holiday Bundle pack ($200) and a Dance Dance Revolution Universe series ($50-$70). I am mainly buying the Xbox 360 for Dance Dance Revolution Universe video game because I love DDR. I play it on the Xbox right now but the problem is that my xbox broke and I can't always play my roommate's Xbox in the college dorm anytime I want. I was thinking of buying an Xbox system for $100 but if I'm shelling out $100 I might as well shell out another $100 for an Xbox 360 with HDMI 1080p glory for my 50-inch plasma.

My dilemma is between buying the $50 Universe 1 which has better songs (Chris Brown's Run it, Cascada's Every Time We Touch, Kylie Minogue's Slow) or for the newer $70 Universe 3 which supposively has a newer game mode but with the songs I don't like. Do you buy DDR for the game itself or for the songs it include? DDR Universe 1 seems more modern than its newer Universe 3. I can even pay $70 for DDR Universe 1+2 with a dancemat compared to the $70 DDR3 Universe with dancemat. Universe 2 has some modern songs like Franz Ferdinand Take Me Out, Outkast The Way You Move,

When responding to this post, make sure you state whether you are a DDR fan and if you own the DDR franchise itself (if so then which).

So which is the smarter buy?

I'm not a DDR fan, but I am a Guitar Hero fan. I bought World Tour because the whole band thing is cool, but I liked the songs on GH3 much more than on WT. I think the songs are probably more important, since if you don't like the songs you probably won't have much fun playing. After all, the gameplay is pretty much the same across versions.

The universe without DDR... I honestly have no clue, never have played the game. Just thought I would add a witty comment, I apologize. But it sounds best the DDR 1+2. But I guess it's all up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom