Convince me to switch from PS3 to 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
ps3 is whisper quiet.
360's are loud cause their so darn hot. its what i use to cook my eggs in the morning for breakfast.

As stated in the second post.... new ones run A LOT quieter and A LOT cooler.

Also... you may want to munch on the fact that 360 + Standalone BluRay Player = Cheaper than a PS3. Then munch on the fact that 360 has a superior games selection and the only thing left for you to brag about is in built Wifi... congrats.

O yes..... and your backwards compatibility with PS2 games... woops. No Sorry.... thats gone too.

if you wanna play online with all your friends, and they ahve the 360, then get a 360. if you want blu-ray then ps3. the real only difference i see is the ps3 has free online play and blu-ray, the 360 has a better price point and phenomenal online play (minus the fees). i personally have a nice 42" tv on the way and wanted a something to watch movies on a nice tv so i got a ps3 (got it in a trade) so that works for me. I don't game on it much, its just a nice blu-ray player that fits in nicely with my other crap.

360 + Standalone BluRay Player = Cheaper than a PS3
where can you get a blu-ray player for under 200... I work at circuit city and the cheapest we have ever had blu-ray players is 230, down from 300.

ps3 is whisper quiet.
360's are loud cause their so darn hot. its what i use to cook my eggs in the morning for breakfast.

360's aren't exactly a muscle car redlining in your living room mate.. also I'm pretty sure I could light a cig on my ps3 if i wanted to hold it there for a few seconds.. ps3's do not run cool by any stretch of the imagination.

Alright, as a X360 owner, I'll try to convince ya..

Though, to be honest, the only reason I bought my 360, years ago, was because they've had far superior titles released as opposed to the PS3. (With exception to MGS4... and the rumors of KH3.)

Well, here's a small list of pros and cons, I guess. Dunno. Got no other way to convey it. (And I'm lazy, tired, and got stuff t' do.)

Pros:
Over 500 titles released(*)
More comfortable controller (-)
Gears of War (-)
Superior online network to Sony's (-)
Able to install games from disc on to the HDD (Uncertain as to whether or not this is a feature on the PS3, as well.) (*)
Tons of people playing any given game at any given time (-)
Backward compatible for many Xbox games (*)
Online play is generally lag-free, for MOST games. (Note the word MOST) (-)
Superior achievements system (-)

That's all I got for pros...

Cons:
Of the 500+ titles, about 200 of them suck. (‡)
Their network will go pretty damned slowly at peak times, making something that should only take maybe fifteen, twenty minutes to download, take about.. an hour or two. (*)
No matter what, there will always be at least one prat in any game you join.. if it's action-oriented. (‡) (Murphy's Law of Online Gaming)
Can overheat (-)

I can't really think of a great deal more.

(Key: * = Fact; - = Opinion; ‡ = Both fact and opinion, with some odd humor thrown in.)

And, I'm well aware this list of pros and cons is biased. I don't own a PS3, so naturally, I'm going to say that I think the X360 is the superior console.
Btw, if your Xbox is running really freakin' hot, then... get some fans?

(Final word)
Look, in the end, it's up to which system to buy. They both have some incredibly good titles coming up, titles that are guaranteed to be enjoyable.. and, personally, I say just buy whichever one you think will offer you more enjoyment in the long run. That's all I can really say to ya. Good luck on deciding, and I hope whichever choice you make will allow you to have a great deal of fun.

~WyvernZ

(PS: That being said, I hope you choose X360. :D)

Ok aaron, I have the ultimate reason:

I have a 360, and I have Live. You miss our conversations of wit and humor. Get a 360 and we shall be reunited! :p

(although I do have a PS3 as well, so I could talk to you on that, but really never use it other than to play Blu-Rays. Hoping Killzone 2 changes that)

that is the point of the xbox360 to be white. it will stand otu and people will know you own a 360 when they walk into your living room.

so will the burglars.

really.. my ps3 is pretty hot right now. not too bad but it's hot.

might get htat checkd out. mine never runs hot. exhaust air feels warm and i can place my hand on the machine and its barely luke warm. but it has space around it too and is only a few months old

As stated in the second post.... new ones run A LOT quieter and A LOT cooler.
now my stepson's 360 is only 6 months old and if its supposed to be quieter, i'd hate to know the original . hot or not, its the loudness that matters.
i can hear it running outside of his bedroom with the door closed. i've had OC'ed pc's run quieter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom