Connection Problems Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Mud

Beta member
Okay, I have been a member to X Box live for about two years now. I have been pretty satisfied and have came across no problems what so ever.

I played Call of Duty the other day and no problems what so ever. I tried to log back in a day later and came across to it not connecting. I was told that it could not find my "IP Address." So I did the typical unplug the X box and Router after restarting the X Box back up. Same problem. I tried to connect for a day still no dice.

The next day I went ahead and manually entered the IP Address, Subnet and Gateway. Still nothing. It got a step further and I was now prompted with a "DNS Server cannot connect to X Box live."

Okay, so I went ahead and entered all of my PPPoE information. Still had the same problem.

I then tried to contact Microsoft and see what the deal was. I talked to three different so called "Help", and they didn't know a **** thing about the product they are supposed to help with. It was like talking to a robot ...

"Please, Unplug the Router."
"Please, Unplug the XBox. "
"Please, let it sit for 2 minutes."

After an hour on the phone with them, I was told to contact Comcast [ My internet provider ]. I was told by TWO Different people that work there, "We no longer support X Box live." What the heck? How can you not support X Box live? It's not like you have to do anything special.

I am beyond frustration at this point. I need help :)

My setup is Comcast Internet. I run an Ethernet cable from my router to the XBox live. I have changed Ethernet cables, moved the Router to a different room and still no luck.

Thanks!!!!

If the comcast people said they do not support xbox live no more, and they are right...the connecting directly to your modem shouldn't help at all because its still going through comcast internet. I hope those people were wrong, other wise that just royally sucks. Good luck...

--Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom