computer + usb hdd = unable to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironhalo

Beta member
hello, im trying to share my videos on my external hard drive, which is hooked to my computer. reason being, its a ntfs format. my xbox sees media on the internal hdd, but not on the external usb hdd. is this possible?

ok, are the permissions the same as the other shares? What is the external drive shared as

i set up everything through wmp 11. i have file and media sharing enabled (vista ultimate). for files on the internal hdd i didnt need to enable sharing on the specific folder. afaik the permissions are the same. i can read/write to the external hdd. its shared as 'owner'

well, I know that I can be done because I had ex-roommate that had it shared from his vista machine. There are plenty of articles out there with people recognizing some permissions problem though. Let's see if someone else can reply with more xbmc experience

This is one of the articles that I was referring to
Vista Media Sharing With Xbox 360 Permissions Problems - Aaron's Tech Blog

Alternatively, there's always plugging the USB drive into the Xbox...
but what kind of fun is that, right? hehe
I'll keep hunting around. My Xbox knowledge is a bit limited though
Formatting can always be changed depending on where you want the drive to live. Personally, I would leave it as NTFS and try to share it...

EDIT: You have probably followed these, but... Is there anything here worth trying again?
Xbox.com | Media Center Extender - Sharing media from your Windows PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom