Chronicles of Rid**** = Best graphics on XBOX, GUARANTEED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chubz

Banned
EDIT///// LOL, it censored the title! It is called Chronicles of Ridd_ick !! :)

Well, I just bought Chronicles of Rid**** for XBOX, and I must say, that the graphics on this game are breathtaking.

They rival FarCry's graphics on the PC, and the slowdown is very minimal.

Also, the gameplay is sweet.

There is a fighting part implemented into the game so that you can use your fists to punch guys out, and there are combos that go along with it, making it not just a shooter, but a "fighting" type of game all in one.

The shooting part is sweet also.

There are these alien looking things that you have to shoot in this one part, and when you shoot them with the shotgun, they blow to pieces and blood splatters everywhere, all in good taste.

Any FPS fans have GOTO check this game out, whether it means renting it or even buying it. This game makes Halo look like a Playstation game.......no joke.

I played the demo of this game from the Official Xbox Magazine, and the graphics are pretty nice. Good shadows and lighting effects. The DEMO left me wanting more.

Should i buy?

Im thinking about buying this game it has gotten excellent reviews but is it worth the $50 or should I wait till it hits the bargain bins in a few months. Is there any multiplayer on this game at all? It has X-box live support.

Don't count on this being in the bargain bin any time soon. I know 1 year old XBOX games that are still priced highly. Rent the game at your local Blockbuster (or the like), and try it before you buy it.

Wow! With those type of compliments to the game, I'll be renting it.

I haven't looked at it yet, but is it single or mulitple player?

Mr. Censor is not always intelligent. LoL!

Dave :D

I went ahead and bought this one due to overwhelming reccomendations and I must say I was not disapointed. The only bad thing was I bough it and I could not stop playing It . the story and voice acting was so good I had to findout what happend next . I ended up playing it straight through for 5hrs and beating the game. Now the next thing to do is try it on the hardest dificulty level. Oh and i fyou wan tmore you can go through the whole game and never get the tranq gun and have to rely on your stealth for the most part of the game. That would also dleiver some replay ability.

hmm ya i rented the game and beat it in under 6 hours too i was so addicted to that game lol, but the graphics seem a little messed up at times cause there seems to be like black lines in peoples necks and then there body is soemtimes a little blury on the outsides but other thjan that they are great graphics

What can I say about the graphics, which haven't been said before or somewhere else? Your right 'C.O.R' (quick abbreviation) has the most lush graphics yet seen on an XBOX and because of this, I have a renewed excitement anticipating the release of DOOM3 (Which, graphically, shares alot with this game, although Im hoping they will still improve upon it).

There are some ingenious ideas as well, such as at the beginning of the game, the dream sequence plays out like sort of a training level, getting you to grips with the controls and how the game actually plays. (O.K, so maybe they're NOT THAT ingenious but they certainly are fresh, improving the atmosphere of the game and puts a smile on the players face :D ). The main meat of the game, however, I found to be fairly repetitive. AND I haven't finished it, not because its too hard, but because I just can't be bothered. I can't like it that much as I play games almost like Im being paid for it - and if I were - Id be richer than Bill Gates!

O.K now back to the main topic. Best graphics on XBOX? Judging by the shadows and how they are cast and the level of detail on the textures, Id have to agree. Saying that, the physics engine is also top notch, with interactable objects moving in a 'realistic' sort of way. Oh yeah, once you've mastered the art of hand-to-hand combat, feeding the opposition with punches and uppercuts, you'll be creasing everytime you take a man down - It looks realistic as his head goes 'left-right-up'
but it also looks hilarious! Many a time my friends and I have just switched the game on to interact with many of the NPCs which litter the prison, beat them up, then switch it off.

Best wrap this up as quick as possible so heres my final thoughts on 'Chronicles Of Rid****' (as its so lovingly called in these pages!). Best graphics on XBOX bar none. It really is a graphical tour-de-force which has to be seen. The second generation of XBOX game has well and truly landed. Best game? Not a chance! Apart from the graphics, and story, this has pretty much been seen before and bettered (Deus EX: Invisible War is a superior game because of the freedom within the world. The graphics were excellent but only aesthetically enhanced the world, which is their job. It still would have been an excellent game without the real-time shadows and excellent physics - something I find hard to believe about 'C.O.R').
:p

Its good to play together...............................................;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom