Christmas Lights Error....PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hckyplyr000

Solid State Member
I just installed an xecuter 2.6 lite into my xbox version 1.6. When i turn it on, it just turns off, which happens three times. After the third time, it stays on, but the eject button flashes red and green and nothing is shown on the screen. Even when i turn off the chip, the same thing happens. What do i do? Did i screw up anything while soldering? I soldered the pin head, then ran the three LED wires, then flipped it over and did the four wires like this website shows. What did i do wrong and what can i do? PLEASE HELP, it will be extremely appreciated
Shawn

Christmas Lights.

Recheck your soldering connections with a bright light and a magnafying glass for no bridging of solder between the pins and where the wires are connected. Also check for no damaged traced that may have been burned off by the soldering iron.

well so far it looks like i mite have melted away a tracer. How would someone go about fixing/replacing it? im sorta new at this....i guess i just sorta got carried away with the iron when the wire wouldnt stick to the tracer :( any and all help would be awesome

Trace repair

Repairing a damaged trace can be very tricky, especially if one has never done it before. Trying to repair it yourself with out the the skills and proper tools can possibly lead to more damage.

The best suggestion is to find someone in your area such as a electronic repair shop and ask them to have a look at it and give you an estimate. If the estimate is more then half the cost of your xbox then it is wiser to keep it for parts and purchase a new unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom