Cheap way out to an elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
Ok, i definately want an elite now, but have too much stuff to buy to trade in my old 360 and be out 200 dollars. What i may do though, is look into a custom paintjob. How hard is this? I don't think it would be that hard, but im not really...creative so to speak. Any sites with guides/faq's for painting a box? And also, is there a way to transfer data from my computer to my 360, without windows media center? I think i've seen something that will let you put game saves on your computer HD, but does it work in reverse? SO say i wanted to put X ammount of tv shows on my hard drive and watch them on my tv, or take them with me to my freinds house ect, could i do that?

You can buy customized boxes and just transfer your 360 into one of those. You can find them for like $50 or so. Just google for them or look on eBay.
Otherwise painting would be easy too. case-mod-paint-computer-pc-case-mod-how-to
Theres a tutorial for painting a computer case. It's pretty much the same thing. Or you could take it to an auto body place and I'm sure they would paint it for you, not sure how much that would cost though.

yeah, and i think there's even people around here that will mod xbox's, cause i've seen a few nicely painted ones. THat probably isn't going to be a big deal, but what I really wanna do is be able to send video form my computer to my xbox. Can you do this with vista? or is there something i can buy? I'd even go so far as a back door with some random cable and software someone made in their spare time. I can send music and pictures, but without media center you can't send video, which is what i wanna do.

Send video? Such as video playlists on Windows Media Player?
Thats really the only way to do it, as the 360 doesnt support anything but WMV, unfortunately. Just wait for someone to crack it though, and it will come.
Anyways, I wirelessly stream WMVs that I have converted on my computer from Divx files and others using WMP 11 or Zune software (I dont have the stupid Zune, but the software can stream to the 360).

You could buy an Elite, sell HDD, and sell you 360 and keep 20GB drive, but that'd be a huge pain.

yeah, but i wanan find a way to get the elite, the big hd, and be able to send video. This may get really expensive...

You can stream video other than .wmv if you use the program Transcode360 -http://www.runtime360.com/

Vista and Xbox360 are full of problems. I have tons of problems running audio and even Video using the 360 and Vista. However, if I take the same machine and install Media Center 2005 on it, everything runs fine. There is a problem with the Vista extender software and it does not work as well as it does with MCE 2005.

I am very frusturated with my Vista machine and just purchased it. That's why I pulled the drive out and through another one in and installed MCE2005 to find everything work fine. I put back in my Vista hard drive and regret it. I think I'm just going to format it and run with MCE2005 at least until Microsoft fixes all of Vista's problems.

I wrote a full article about it on my site in case you want further details:

http://www.technogab.com/?p=88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom