Champions of Gaming Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate when games hold tournaments for say, the top 1000 on the leader boards. The leader boards mean nothing other than the ones at the top obviously have a lot more free time on their hands than me. Like in CoD4, I was never a gold cross prestige, but I made my way easily to 8th prestige, and played against countless people in the top 1000 and was just as good if not better on certain maps or with certain weapons.

I don't know how this tournament was determined, but I bet it was an on location type of thing.

is it something you have to go to the venue to do or can you do it online??

No it's just online...just gotta have a current year EA game, and you can start playing using XBOX Live.

I hate when games hold tournaments for say, the top 1000 on the leader boards. The leader boards mean nothing other than the ones at the top obviously have a lot more free time on their hands than me. Like in CoD4, I was never a gold cross prestige, but I made my way easily to 8th prestige, and played against countless people in the top 1000 and was just as good if not better on certain maps or with certain weapons.

I don't know how this tournament was determined, but I bet it was an on location type of thing.

Well they're giving away prizes to the winners of each tournament...as well as giving away prizes throughout the tournament. So the leader boards actually mean something in this tournament.

No it's just online...just gotta have a current year EA game, and you can start playing using XBOX Live.

Well they're giving away prizes to the winners of each tournament...as well as giving away prizes throughout the tournament. So the leader boards actually mean something in this tournament.

Exactly my point. They use the leader boards, and that is a very inaccurate measure of skill. Not everyone has 12 hours a day to devote to games like the ones at the top of the leader boards, but they still have equal or greater skill with the game. That's why I avoid these tournaments since it usually goes by leader board rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom