can you put an xbox hard drive in a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck taylor

Beta member
Does anyone know how to put an xbox hard drive in a computer? I know it is small but I just need the inforo for a school project.

you, technically, can put the xbox's hard drive in regular computer, as it just uses the normal ATA interface. But, the hard drive cannot be used unless it is totally reformatted.

how do I reformat

could anyone give good instructions on how to reformat the xbox seagate hard drive so I can install it in a computer?

why? you would make your xbox unuseable and the hdd isnt even that big, i could see going the other way (putting a diff hdd in an xbox) but why format the xbox's hdd

and while were on the subject can you just "clone" the xbox's hdd to a larger hdd and install it back in the xbox? (like put a bigger one in the 'box) itd be nice to have 100gb hdd

the reason I want to know is I have 9 xbox hard drives because I have replaced them with bigger hard drives 120 gb and I would like to use the ones I have to place games on. yes you can copy your hard drive to another search the net for the info not really hard at all.

this doesnt help.....i dont hav a modded xbox, and mah xbox is ****ed up....i need help WITHOUT the actual xbox!

did anyone ever look at the hard drive

it says at the bottom of the drive to use diskwizard a free download from seagate's website

um, you can't just format an xbox HDD... it has to be unlocked (locked via firmware to bios). Goto this site:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/pc-hdd.php

look around if this isn't exactly what you need or goto llama.com

I'll look around for alternative ways without an xbox, but not sure if its possible....

I think the homebrew software method does it with OUT need of a password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom